Vintage Bicyle Show in POWDER SPRINGS,GEORGIA Be There(PICS)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Vintage Bicyle Show in POWDER SPRINGS, GEORGIA Be There!!!!

For the BMX guys!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that you will be also competing with many different style bike when it comes to best in show. Best in show will be awarded to my personal favorite Bike at the show. I am a vintage muscle, cruiser and custom bicycle guy as much as I am an OS BMX guy. BUT, There are two BMX classes that you can choose from to compete in. Best Survivor and best restoration. They will be given to the best old/midschool survivor and best restoration the judges choose. Remember value isn’t everything. A Huffy has as good of a chance to win as a Hutch.

This is a friendly competition. No money or grand prizes. Just a table full of top notch trophies and certificates to be given away.

Have fun. Get those bikes and parts ready, and I will see you there 8)

Also

How to pick your category

Best Pre-war
Your bicycle was manufactured before World War II. Major frame and part differences are characteristic of a Pre-war bicycle compared to a Post war Bicycle.

Best Post-War
Your bicycle was manufactured after World War II. Please leave bicycles dating from 1970-Present out of this category.

Please ask a judge for assistance if you are not SURE if your bicycle is Pre or Post-war!

Best Restored
Your bicycle has undergone major work to restore the bike back to its original condition. (Please note, Vintage BMX will compete in its own category for best restored)

Best Kustom Cruiser
Your bicycle is one of a kind. You have built it to your standards and it fits your style.

Best BMX Restored
Your bicycle has undergone major work to restore it back to its original condition.

Best BMX Survivor
BMX Survivor is any bike/frame that was built prior to 1999, and is still in its original condition...routine, maintenance and upkeep of the bike does NOT diminish its status as a survivor!

Tyler’s Muscle Bike Choice Award!
Your bicycle is considered a Muscle bike. Muscle bikes where Hot in the 60’s and 70’s. Banana seats, sissy bars, and ape hangers are very common characteristics of a Muscle bikes.

The Other Bikes
Your bicycle does not fit in any of the categories above, but you would still like to compete. No Trophies or prizes will be given for the best other bike but you and your bicycle will be recognized.

Best in Show will be awarded to the bicycle Liked MOST by the Judges. Best In show can and will be given to any style bike. All Bikes in each catagory have a chance to take home best in show. Yes, that means you too other bike guys.

I'm not sure man! You have my cell phone number from the flyer right? Just call me when you get here and I can meet you at the shop!

Aaaaaand I'll be working on my build off bike at the show :lol:

Could one of shop owners please bring an assortment of return springs for V-brakes so I can see if I can find the ones I need. Mine are weak because a;they were soaked in acid to remove the rust and b; they're 20 years old. My LBS for some reason stopped being helpful last week. Instead of being willing to help me buy a couple of springs, the owner insisted that I needed to bring my bike in so he could fix the brakes. The funny part is this is the first time I've ever dealt with him, his hired help have always been great. Go figure

Peace Y'all

I was hoping to bring BEER RUN to the show, but I am just not going to be able to make it this weekend. :cry:
Hope everyone has a blast!

kingfish254 said:
I was hoping to bring BEER RUN to the show, but I am just not going to be able to make it this weekend. :cry:
Hope everyone has a blast!

that's too bad 'cuz I was hoping to see it in person....

It would have been great to meet fellow RRBers and see your builds as well.
Maybe next time.

Pork Chop BMX just Donated a Killer load of some of his best BMX parts. The parts will be raffled off at the show so bring money to stock up on tickets! 8)

I’m going to be there working Registration, T-shirts, Raffle and My swap space. From the response I received from this event, We are going to have a huge turn out. This show will be very organized and well planed so we are prepared to handle the large crowd we are expecting. Bring tents and chairs to hang out in with your bikes because it’s going to be HOT on Saturday. Also Pizza hut is cutting us some show deals for food the day of the show. They are located at the end of the shopping center.

Untitled-1-1.png

Dude I cant wait for the show! Now I have 3 days for me and my buddy to finish the Schwinn we are building. Gonna be tight! See you all there. 8) 8) 8)

Dangit I can't make it! I thought it was on Sunddayyyy!!!! :x :x

I plan on being there with a bunch of old school to mid school cruiser, bmx, and other stuff (old schwinn wheel sets, etc.).

My stuff will be CHEAP! Expect $5 BMX frames and handlebars. Also lots of freebie stuff. If I cannot use it and it isn't worth my while selling, someone else may be able to use it on a build.

Back