Vintage CCM Elite

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is another saved ride! It started out as a CCM Elite 5 speed with fenders and a rack. This one was at a second hand shop that was closing. So it was going in the dumpster that evening. I used it as a utility bike to make errands with and so on. So as I was waiting a few days ago for a couple of other projects bikes paint to start lifting, I decided to strip this one down and refurbish it. Then I kept going with it. I scrubbed and polished chrome for hours on end to get a shine back. The decals were shot so they were removed. Then I decided that it would look better in a board tracker stance. I got rid of 4 of the 5 gears on the freewheel. New aluminum touring handle bars. New pedals. New rubber and a road bike seat I had in my spares. I may repaint this one in the future, but I like the looks of it now. This was the end result. My wife named it Root Beer Envy.. :lol:
ccmelite007ag9.jpg

ccmelite003dk8.jpg

ccmelite001gp5.jpg

ccmelite010py6.jpg

ccmelite012qj9.jpg

ccmelite014qe0.jpg

ccmelite016ut6.jpg

ccmelite017of8.jpg

ccmelite020ds3.jpg

ccmelite024vh8.jpg

I like the way it turned out and would vote to keep the original paint. It looks to be in pretty decent shape and I like the brown. I have been thinking of doing one of my bikes in a similar color.

62H

It's got some nicks here and there which is not bad, but some had scratched some sort of ID number on the frame so it just drives me nuts..lol. I did see the other day a really nice Hot Hues Rootbeer Candy that I liked! Hmmmmmm ... :wink:

Back