Vintage Cutlass Mens Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My uncle brought me this bike back from Kansas a couple weeks ago and I never had time to go pick it up but they came by today while I was at school and dropped it off. Haven't been able to find much info on this bike. I think the sprocket is a Huffy but I know that Western Flyer used that sprocket it too because my tandem Western Flyer has the same sprocket on it. The paint on the bike is actually pretty nice and the decals are nice and should clean up well. I haven't decided whether or not i'm going to repaint it.. The handlebars are obviously not original but they are really clean and I will be taking them off and switching them to go on my muscle bike I'm building. The rear Bendix hub looks brand new but the rims and spokes are toasted so I'll probably just cut it off and put it on another bike. The headbadge is scuffed up but it looks like it says "Coast King" on it.

6884100353_169fc8e4b3_z.jpg

6884102983_188d9a1bdd_z.jpg

6884105151_441433ecde_z.jpg

6884107097_c23a2efca0_z.jpg

Might be a Coast to Coast sold through Coast to Coast Hardware stores. My wife has one...more of a light weight model, but look in that direction. Good find...

Needless to say that many Oldsmobile owners will kill for that. Your Western Flyer and this Coast King are both built by Huffy. Neither Coast to Coast or Western Auto built their own bikes. This looks like a 1961-1965, I'll need the serial number for the rear dropout to tell you exactly.

Latest posts

Back