Vintage space age bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really intriuged by bikes of the 50's and 60's that were inspired by the great Space Race. Bikes like the Sears Spaceliner and the AMF Skyrider Deluxe. What are some other's that are out there? I love the look of those bikes mainlt for the tank/headlight combo most had but also for the historical significants of how the bikes where designed due to the space race going on between US and Russia.

I don't think the design was for anything that happened between the U S and Russia . I'm pretty sure they were designed to take advantage of the advertising Blitz on a thousand products using the space theme . It was new and hot at the time. :lol:

Space Lander?

bowden-spacelander-2.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
I don't think the design was for anything that happened between the U S and Russia . I'm pretty sure they were designed to take advantage of the advertising Blitz on a thousand products using the space theme . It was new and hot at the time. :lol:

Yea nothing to do with US and Russia, just the Space Race that was going on at the time. :D

Yes bumps do hurt! bike I did a few years ago for a friend. oops hafta click on pic to see rear sprocket setup
dscn1696w.jpg

By xc204 at 2009-08-18

XC204 said:
Yes bumps do hurt! bike I did a few years ago for a friend. oops hafta click on pic to see rear sprocket setup
dscn1696w.jpg

By xc204 at 2009-08-18

That is a very cool bike, I could see bumps being a little better with a horseshoe shaped saddle open in the middle. The saddle would support your pelvic bone and not your...

Back