VIOLET 67 SLIK CHIK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Picked this one up from forum member Tzilla today on my lunch break.

If there's two things I can't resist, it's a Violet or Coppertone 60s model Schwinn. :?

It was great getting to meet Todd today and it was kind of funny because I didn't realize that he was who he was until we met up. He had even mentioned picking this bike up at a garage sale last weekend in a PM he sent me the other day and I never put two and two together. :lol:

So here she is...a 100% original violet 67 Schwinn Slik Chik.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

That's a nice one Steve , cant wait to see it clean up :mrgreen:

Great bike!

Congrats! The Slik Chik is the coolest girls Sting-Ray bike they offered, ballon rear slik tire and cool block letter graphic!

Hope it cleans up nice!

Ha Ha...yeah, don't want that rust jumping onto anything else!

I think this should clean up pretty nice. My only concerns are the rear tire has a serious flat spot and some heavy cracking so once I get a new tube in there I'll see if some air will help the tire go back to being round again. I may also replace the kickstand with a cleaner one that I have.

If I was going to redoo-and sell this one, I would probably throw an aftermarket slick on there, and then either sell the original with it, or separate. But that is just me. I wouldn't risk opening the tire up.

Yeah...that may be a better way to go Dingo.

My only problem is I really don't like those new white wall slicks that they sell with the zig zag tread pattern.

Makes me think of cheesy lowrider bikes when I see those things. :roll:

Tire fix...

Try putting a 20 x 1.75 tire on the inside of the slik, and the tube inside that. The other tire will give support.

I think if you do that and patch the hole you could even ride on it :)

Rat Rod said:
Yeah...that may be a better way to go Dingo.

My only problem is I really don't like those new white wall slicks that they sell with the zig zag tread pattern.

Makes me think of cheesy lowrider bikes when I see those things. :roll:
Totally agree. Does Jerald Sulky (that horse cart place) make the 20" Whitwalls?

Nice score. On a side note.For a guy who runs a site dedicated to rat rod bikes.... your garage and bikes are way to clean. :lol:
-Kreep-

I too can't resist Copperone or Violet Schwinn anything.
Can't wait for the usual Steve super clean up.

Threw a good inner tube in the back tire and it went back into shape pretty well. Also used some Bleach White on the tires.

Hosed it off and went over it with a little dish soap and water and this is how it looks so far...

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Here's a before and after comparison...

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

Rat Rod said:
More like the "magic" Nikon. :lol:

There are imperfections you can't see in those pics. :wink:

I can still spot a few imperfections even with the magic camera...lol. Still looks better than any of my best bikes.

Latest posts

Back