Virginia Beach: Fun Fun Fun (pics added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all got together at the beachfront last night.
Michele, Todd, Maria, Loop, Steve, Karen, Lynette, and me. Had a nice ride down the boardwalk.
Steve and Karen enjoy the sun.
And thanks for getting us all together.

ebu9upym.jpg

Thanks JD for setting us up with some cool bikes for the ride.

What a great group of people we met and rode with and super sweet bikes!

Will post some pics when we get home

Steve

It was a pleasure Steve. Nice to have a face to go with the name.
Enjoy the rest of the week here. Just on and off showers for the last 3 days.
Plenty of time to increase your water time.

Thanks Again JD for setting up the ride and bringing the beautiful matching bikes for my Wife and me to ride. I really liked the way you fixed them up just enough. It felt like riding history:)

Sorry we didn't get to meet up Kim.

It was easy to recognize JD, we both had our RatRodBike's shirts on :). Lynette and Him were riding some sweet matching Astroflytes
IMG_0930II.jpg

JD Hooked us up with his matching '48 Columbias, NICE!!
IMG_0936II.jpg

IMG_0931II.jpg

We met up with Todd (57 Higgins) and his immaculate Higgins :eek::eek::cool::D
IMG_0934II.jpg

IMG_0935II.jpg

Got some something to drink and some pizza and talked bikes BIG TIME! Michele showed up with another super fine Higgins
IMG_0938II.jpg

Loop and Maria came too. Awesome way they squeezed huge Boas under the sweet old fat fenders. Loop was quite the character ;) LOL (I missed a good pic of Maria and her cool bike...:rolleyes:)
IMG_0939II.jpg

These guys are super into swapping and trading and what's currently on EBay. We passed around cameras and smart phones showing each other pics:)

Got JD's pic above before taking off.

Headed to the boardwalk and it was packed with cruisers. I've never been around so many cruiser-type bikes in my life!! I'd say about 80% were newer cruisers. I tell you, the VA gang's outstanding example of old cruisers really stood out and got lots of attention.

IMG_0945II.jpg

IMG_0947II.jpg

Took off down Atlantic Street and enjoyed all the action
IMG_0948II.jpg

Stopped to hear a local high school drum band rock out!
IMG_0952II.jpg

It was so nice for people to come on on a week night to ride with us. JD and Lynette rode a little farther down and showed us where the good fishing was. Then we headed back and JD packed the bikes up on his homemade bike rack (Nice) and I had to get a shot of the cool old license
IMG_0956II.jpg

What a great group of people and sweet bikes! My Wife and Me thank you for showing us such a great time!
IMG_0942II.jpg

The rest of the week we spent mostly running/walking the boardwalk, relaxing in the sunshine, playing in the ocean, and eating great food. Virginia Beach was Fun, Fun, Fun!
IMG_0914.jpg

It's very cool to have such a great biking-community website that you can travel all over the country and meet up with interesting people (Chicago, Portland, VA Beach...)

Thanks for looking
Steve

Last edited:
Those VABeach guys and gals sure do know how to ride in style!!!!!

Wow Steve.....great pics. Never knew you were snapping them. If I had I might have combed my hair.

It was great to get some of the locals together and I was happy to find you two guys rides for the cruise.
Hope your trip was more than what you hoped for and with all the free concerts and street performers you had no dull moment.

Great time and if anyone is in the Va. Beach area let one of us know. We'll try to hook up.
And Kim started this ride deal not me. But, he had other commitments that day.
Next time for sure Kim.

Back