Waffle coaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this is my inaugural build but I've spent the past few years following the build offs. The motivation for this build is the fact that most cruisers don't really fit me without jacking the seatpost up a foot and then they just don't look right in my opinion. These are the bones of the operation a Belgian road bike. Picked up at my local bike bone yard "Michael Recycles Bicycles." I flipped the handlebars and stretched them out, stripped, destickered, different bb and crankset, saddle off lil bas new tires, ss freewheel. At this point I thought it was about ready to go so I took it apart to grease up, flipped the chainring around to get a better line and put the front brake back on. It was dark by the time all that was finished so no pictures. I strapped a headlamp on and took it around the lake. It was ridible but not very comfortable. I tried adjusting but I'm thinking the handlebars need to change.

Welcome to the Build Off
I like the cut down bars and tape you used. Sharp!

Don't forget to put your pin in the Build Off 9 - BONINE WORLD MAP
http://bit.ly/1nsYqVU
Then go to Additions > Add Marker - Simple

A lucky seven style seat post will get your tail behind the bb, then use the nice cruiser bars in the 5th pic, comfy cruisin' position. Check the for sale thread here, there's a guy fabs bent back seat posts in many shapes and sizes...

But I do like the setup you chose...

Carl.

Nice proportions!
A bar end brake lever would work great with those bars.

I want an upright cruiser position. I soon realized that was a little tricky to adjust. I've never really ridden road bikes much before and they want you to lean forward. I think I got it though. Yeah I was thinking about a layback seat and or a longer stem. I still might try that out.

like the look of this bike

Back