Walker's got a Rickshaw!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firewalker said:
I now have come up with a plan and a theme........ :D
I think KEV came up with a great theme a couple posts up, 'NACHO LIBRE'-
You could paint up a powder blue/Metallic red combo, and stitch up a luchador mask- seat sortof like this:
tbm_right.gif

While youre at it, stitch yourself one up to WEAR while riding it!!!
:p [/img]

Well here we go! its hard to see in the pictures but the back part of the bike is bent to one side and there has been some Mickey mouse weld jobs. this will not do

IMG_1296.jpg

After looking high and low I was not able to find the bike that I would like :? :? but Clothespin came by and saved the day and sold me a great girls bike made by NORCO. It was a great bike and it was a shame to cut into it.....but hey....this is what we do!

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

I found a set of 24" Dyno 3" but I also have the old set of 26" 77 spoke from the "slow and go!".......Chain gang lowriders have the matching set of 20" for the front! HUMMMMM?

IMG_1318.jpg

here is the cool thing. The plan is to make this bike a picnic cruiser! I plan on painting it bright Yellow with lots of chrome and some pin stripe work..............that was untill my neighbour came by with this

IMG_1315.jpg

a 50s Coca Cola cooler :shock: :shock: things may change!

I am excited to see this build happen.

You have some great neighbors that keep bringin you parts.

one word...

NAH-CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I'm heading out for the next week but before I left I wanted to weld it back together. I was so pressed for time I was not going to get it done....but my neighbour John wished to see it done aswell and finished it for me while I packed up the family......

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

now for the hard work strip /grind / fill

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

see you all in a week

so I was able to get a little build time......I picked up a Fatti-O 3" tire the other day....man what A nice tire

IMG_1416.jpg

right now I'm still doing a mock-up so please forgive the colours of the parts. I'm toying with the idea of the rear fender that I found. I found the back fender covered the tire too much ( a Fatti-O should be seen) so I used the front fender as the back .

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

I plan on putting on a rat trap on it aswell!

here is a clip with boy giving it a first time spin with the new back end

wait till you see the front rims and tires that are going on it :shock: :D

I almost forgot I also changed out the stem and handle bars to cattle horns :lol:

Looking Good Mur...
great Work,
The Fender looks Perfect!!!!

and I grabbed those Old 24's out of The Recycle Bin at The Dump..
( You Bozo...don't make me grab that stuff from The Dump )
call me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's Hillarious..I go to The Dump looking for bits and Pieces..
and I see The Back half of The Rick-Shaw in a Pile..and a Set of 1960's
24 inch Wheels and Tires from Murrays Shop.

Guess I don't have to buy those 24's Now hey Murray
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is a very nice bike Murray. Keep us updated, cannot wait to see more work done to it, It is going to be awesome.

so what do you think of the new rims???? I guy off of craigs list through them in as part of a deal with a bunch of other things I got. I'm having a problem finding 20" white walls for them thu......

today I have been cleaning up the welds and stripping the paint for the new paint the front fenders still need some work!

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

I like those wheels. Crazy high flanged hubs. Looking good with the fenders and everything else.

Clancy

Back