Wally World Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
There continues to be some coolness sneaking into some of the bikes at Wally World.
Cream tires, brick red tires, truss rods.

Photo_FEDBA411-1692-77F2-C076-830C0B21892D.jpg

Photo_A5D48405-84AF-FBA9-3C46-C37D856FBA01.jpg

Photo_1A6F2964-996E-A4E9-E41F-3942FCC82712.jpg

They do look cool. I actually had one of those Schwinn Clairemonts for about 2 weeks til the Genesis Onyx I ordered 2 months before that showed up then I returned it.

I do like the style of a lot of them but I watched two walmart bikes fall into a pile of rubble in just under a month so I'm tainted for life.... I said to myself "It's not like I'm buying a mountain bike, how quick could they fall apart?"

Question asked and answered In time for the 30 day return policy :mrgreen:

If I was to do it all over again and I had another bike to ride I'd buy a wally world Genesis Onyx for the frame and go from there....

I'll keep an eye out for clearance sales (if they ever go on clearance). Then get them, and use the wheelset for other projects. I like the Huffy creme color tires; the Schwinn brick reds I can get on feebay.

i think schwinn is lurking around here for ideas! how long do you think its going to take before you see those truss rods go for sale on feebay as vintage? :lol:

what was the price? all wally schwinn's around here are going for around $220 plus tax :x

The Huffy was $130 and I don't remember the Schwinn prices, but $200+ sounds right.

I like looking at the WW bikes because I know that is what I will be seeing at yard sales in a year or less.

I saw those bikes and the looked good, not any of those but I saw another schwinn among all that were there didn't have that great of a paint job, well the paint was good but what ever was on the frame or the frame itself had a lot of excess metal bumps on it.

Those Schwinn's were not that high, Men's Schwinn Breeze was for $149.00, I don't know why they used the name used originally on Ladies bikes that is now being used on both.

I believe that Huffy had 26x2.36 tires.

I saw the truss rod Breeze over around Sebring, FL at a WM for $159.00

Someone once asked in a post here why the bottom of the faux truss rods is curved different than the classics. The reason is to clear the bottom of the thick tubular forks versus the old school blades.

axsepul said:
i think schwinn is lurking around here for ideas!

Actually Huffy has :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19494&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

HuffyDesigner said:
Hey everybody,

I have been lurking for quite awhile now, drawing tons of inspiration, so I want to say thanks.

My name says it all, I am actually a graphic designer for Huffy Corporation. That's right, I designed some of the bikes you all are cutting up. In particular I've seen my Newport and Cranbrook used a couple of times on here. It's actually fun to see them morph into something else. Seeing all your creations help get my creative juices flowing for my future projects, both work related and personal.
I look forward to learning from you all and showing you my future projects.

-HuffyDesigner

they just arrived here as well...
wallyschwinn1.jpg

wallyschwinn2jpg.jpg

best pics I could get with my cell phone...

Now that I see those truss rods on the ground and not on the rack, I don't really care for them. I thought it was a bit odd the way they went so far in front of the bike before bending back into the fork.

kingfish254 said:
There continues to be some coolness sneaking into some of the bikes at Wally World.
Cream tires, brick red tires, truss rods. ....
I saw the tires yesterday and was piqued.

I looked for any brand name on all the ones that were in unique colors, and all they have is a stylized "excel" name on them, and size & inflation info. A google search turned up some models of tires named "excel", but no company retailing a whole line under that name.

They're nothing amazing, but they do have at least 3 different widths and some non-black colors.
The tires sold separately was still just the usual Bell ect boxed ones (black).

crump582 said:
For $200 plus I would just get an Electra, but at least it seems like an effort.

The ww schwinns are only $140.

Back