Want to build a cheap cruiser for a 7 year olds bday

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a nephew in law that is coming up on seven years in february. I was thinking of something CHEAP because I'm broke and he will outgrow it before I blink an eye. I was thinking of getting a cheap BMX and trying to mount some fenders to it, add some ape hangers, and some sweet street tread. I will be tearing the bike down to nothing, stripping it, leaving it bare metal frame (going steel for sure), adding transformers stickers to it and a nice thick clear coat. Any ideas as far as to where to get cheap fenders and as how to mount them to a bmx bike? not to mention ones that will fit what will likely be a 16" maybe a 20" wheel depending on how much he grows between now and then.... I may be able to get access to a mig welder if needed and I can weld pretty well :mrgreen: Bolt on would be the best option for this one...

Ive been scanning craigslist a lot, I haven't seemed to have found much in the way of youth cruisers but I have until February to get this together so I'll take my time. Thanks for the suggestions guys. The little guys eyes opened up like crazy when he saw my ape hangers so I think it'll be a fun gift for him.

Bratz bike... That's the ticket. Here's what I did for my middle son. I have <$20 in this one...

DSC07751.jpg

this WAS a Bratz bike like the one pictured.

-john

Back