Warning: Tetnis shot required after viewing.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked these up today off craigslist, $25 for the pair. I emailed a minute after it was posted so I got lucky. But man these things are rusty. Schwinn Exelsior and Major something (You fill in the blank, I've thought of many haha) Everything on the schwinn is solid except the fenders have some rot. Red one is solid also. Should be fun projects.

exel1.jpg

exel2.jpg

exel3.jpg

exel4.jpg

exel5.jpg

major1.jpg

major2.jpg

Man…were they submerged? :wink:

Oh no...my jaw is starting to seize up

chimichanga said:
dang nice find Ben! How much for the tank? :mrgreen:

Not sure what I'm doing with the bike yet, if I part it you got dibs on the tank.

RatFink said:
Man…were they submerged? :wink:

Oh no...my jaw is starting to seize up

I don't think so, I just think they were outside uncovered WAY too long, at least I saved them.

man i swear thats my grandmothers old bike i used to ride when id visit(hers was a skip but same basket, badge,seat,and tank)!
if you do part the bike im VERY interested in the badge!(blue schwinn)

sensor said:
man i swear thats my grandmothers old bike i used to ride when id visit(hers was a skip but same basket, badge,seat,and tank)!
if you do part the bike im VERY interested in the badge!(blue schwinn)
you shoulda put her bike back in the garage.lol

I have an AMF Shelby with the same reddish paint, same type of chainguard, and same white yellow-gold pinstriping on the fenders. I'll try to get a pic on.

Heavy Pedal said:
I have an AMF Shelby with the same reddish paint, same type of chainguard, and same white yellow-gold pinstriping on the fenders. I'll try to get a pic on.

That would be great! I was gonna guess its Huffy made? I have another bike with that sprocket, I think its an AMF so I bet your right.

Back