(WBO) Bhuzzard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you like them. The other thing to think about on these motorized bicycles are your local laws. Here they have to have fenders

I also had to 'customize* the fender to clear the engine*s chain. With your setup you might not need to ...

Yeah, really lock those fenders in. Because of the vibration of the engine and the ride I have read a lot of horror stories from those snapping off or some kind of nonsense where they snapped off and the rider ended up hospitalized. I was really surprised to read that Vegas has a law that they are needed? What ever I know you'll have that buttoned up.

Yeah, really lock those fenders in. Because of the vibration of the engine and the ride I have read a lot of horror stories from those snapping off or some kind of nonsense where they snapped off and the rider ended up hospitalized. I was really surprised to read that Vegas has a law that they are needed? What ever I know you'll have that buttoned up.
That's good advice, thank you!

The cops here consider them mopeds if you put an engine on them. Over a certain amount of CC's and they have to be licensed. Mopeds have to be street legal by the standards they set including lighting and fenders, if we drive them on a roadway. I started looking at it after a cop was questioning me on the skyhawk size.

Looks good.:thumbsup: Thats next for me,hopefully my welding is that good...
So many laws,it's hard to have fun anymore.
Lucky it's not like that here...

I'm having some second thoughts on the rear wheel. I thought it would be fun to keep the wheel that someone had put on the bike years before I bought it, but the rim is in pretty bad shape and the spokes are questionable. I'm letting the threads soak overnight with some PB Blaster before attempting to break loose the frozen ones. I've already snapped one spoke today. I could possibly still use the blackout hub, but I haven't opened it up yet so I don't really know what to expect with it either.:(

I haven't searched yet, but I'll bet there's a better price out there.
But Chewy and RM, we are all in the budget pinch! I need big guitar repair job to fund my motor, or sell one of my flock.

Carl.

Edit: that seller has some sweet motor mounts too...
but he sure likes them alot...
because you have to give up some money to get them!

I cut out and moved the bottom fender mount today. I forgot to take a close up picture, but it's not much to see anyway.

OK, for me the biggest appeal of the Colorflow style fender braces is the size and how they wrap around the fender. But just as appealing is the horizontal line that is created from the front fender through the chain guard and on to the rear of the bike. It bugs me when that line is not straight! Since the chain guard is not really adjustable, it dictates where the braces line up.

So today, after finally mounting the fender, I put the chain guard back on and aligned the brace with a straight edge. It would not line up by mounting it with the axle, so I had to flip it over and drill holes for it to bolt to the frame where the chain guard bolts up. Once it was lined up, I drilled a hole in the back of the fender and bolted everything together.

Mounting the fender has been way more involved than I anticipated, but then most things are that way. I bought them over a year ago not really knowing what I would use them on. And even though they were obviously not made for this frame, I'm liking the look. Next up is the drive side chain clearance.

The angle of this photo gives the appearance that the fender is high in the middle, but it's not.
100_8771_zpsntybti7c.jpg

I see you're switching to an electric motor.
100_8771_zpsntybti7c.jpg

Yer gonna need a long cord to get down the driveway...

Merle.:crazy:
:21: I didn't notice that.
I could use one of those retractable cords and just pedal to the next available outlet when it reaches the end.:D

Like a Horizon Line, "Level" lines are re-assuring. Coming along here RM. April is almost upon us. East coasters I'll bet can't wait for it to arrive!

My reassurance is that I am in the Eastern time zone and RM is in the Central time zone so I get a whole hour more to finish my bike.:cool2:

If not a design engineer by degree, you get high marks for your attention to detail and overall visual appeal.

Thanks fellows.

Back to the air filter. It's pretty much done except for a couple of screws to hold the cover on. I didn't like the first idea of using a shower drain cover because it started looking like a lawn mower muffler, so I bought a cheap Kitchen sink strainer and cut the screen out of it. It had the basic shape and all I had to do was reshape it a little and add a couple of dents to knock the new off of it. I also soaked it in some muriatic acid to take the shine off of the stainless screen. I used a torch and burned the paint off of the housing which left a nice bare metal finish.

I've been looking for some filter material to stuff inside of it like lawn mowers use, but so far all that I've seen is green. I'd like to find some black or grey. Any ideas?

Here it is, two dollars later...
100_8976_zpsd8iyqoyz.jpg

Here's the thrift store candle holder that I started with...
100_8744_zpsa7sizznf.jpg

This is the plastic cover that came with the kit...
Air_Filter_Assembly_Speed_Carb_Bike_Engine_Kit__35785.1408626995.900.900.jpg

Last edited:
Back