We need your help.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Soon to be the largest skate park in the US and its not available to bikes. A petition has been started to present to city council. If you would please sign the petition it would be greatly appreciated. Opening the park to bikes has so much potencial for cool stuff to start happening in Houston around the bike scene.

Below are a few articles and at the end a link, your support would be greatly appreciated.

1457507_10200923396955811_953205702_n.jpg

construction-begins.png

GR-SKA-1-MASTERBASE-COLORED-CONCRETE-LoRes.jpg

http://greenspoint.org/skateparkstory.shtml

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-cit ... skateparks

It only takes a few seconds to sign and would help a lot.

outskirtscustoms said:
Signed the petition Not sure how much my opinions will matter being I'm from Indiana but it can't hurt.

you would be surprised how greedy city council is The more people that sign that the better

Really hope yours opens to bikes, I know ours is. Here's one of the few pics of our skate parks I could find on the web. Complete with a 90 degree full pipe!

48a.jpg

Signed because I know first hand the discrimination bmx face first hand.

I've only been to one that was open to bikes, and it was in Henrico, VA. The park here is not and I don't know of one in the entire state of NC that is. I ride on the park in Galax, VA, but I'm not supposed to. But I also ride on a lot of stuff in that town simply because it looks so fun to ride on. They build walls that start at street level in a parking lot but end 5 ft high leading into the street. Who does that if you don't want me to ride my bike on it and jump off of it at the end?!

Bikes destroy coping at parks.

So exactly what is the reasoning for not allowing bikers? This thing is 10 times bigger than our local park and the bikers and skaters all get along fine. Coping shouldn't be an issue if they use good materials. The great part about letting both ride the park is that local bike and skate competitions can be held there.
I do have a soft spot for the skaters since I used to be one myself and my son is a skater. I love the support that communities now have for skateboarding. I can remember all the signs posted everywhere growing up that prohibited skateboarding in certain areas. That being said, I see no reason to not allow bikers in the same park. I would need a truly good reason why the bikes are not allowed. Local city official involvement also goes a long way. Might have to do a little brown nosing, but I'm sure with a few well thought out arguments and the right people talking for you, it should be no problem to get the bikes allowed in there. The petition thing never really works out well. Usually just pisses the local officials off.

Latest posts

Back