Wear your darn helmet (MC wreck pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been laid up for awhile now and will be out of the bike game for a few weeks or so. I was on my way back from picking up wheels from a friend of mine who trued them up, I try to use my motorcycle for most all of my daily commuting. Well on the way back from getting the wheels I was traveling on one of my favorite back roads. Long story short a mini van heading the opposite direction as me turned left in front of me. It was either hit the van head on or try to stop I down shifted and got on the brakes a tad to hard it seems. I layed the bike down hard and slid something like 50 feet or so on my back and head. I hit the ground hard enough the crack my helmet. I ended up losing my glove in the slide so my hand is torn up pretty bad. my armoured coat and helmet took most of the damage, The bike a 03 klr 650 faired pretty well it lost some fairings and part of the rear rack as well as a clutch handle and shifter, But it still runs and will be rebuilt. I'm just glad to walk away two days before my accident I attended the funeral of a friend killed in a motorcycle accident. Moral of the story wear your darn helmet!
crash002.jpg

crash005.jpg

CJ...Bummer on the bike but thats replaceable your NOT....Good to hear that you are OK..Feel better..Jay

CJ, Sorry to hear about your friend..........Glad you're okay!

KOTA said:
CJ, Sorry to hear about your friend..........Glad you're okay!

That goes for me to..I lost many Friends from accidents ..I still think of them today..Life Sucks that way.. :x

The #1 cause of mc fatalities is just what you described, wear your helmet (required in VA), elbow jacket, gloves, AND expect people to not be paying attention. :x Glad it wasn't worse.

Motorcycles and helmets go hand in hand. I have lost friends and family to crashes, for the most part they thought they were to cool to wear helmets.
I even wear my helmet (fullface) on my scooter just to run down to the corner store. I don't play around.

Glad you are okay. Wear them even on your bicycles. My wife and brother both had accidents this last weekend.

5448_1218565781547_1150950703_646822_337811_n.jpg

I rode with CJ last night - the KLR was belching oil when he showed up. Poor guy's got more repairs to bike than he originally thought. But good for him getting back in the saddle - that's sometimes the hardest part.

not that lucky its spurting out from my shifter seal, honestly last night was a bit difficult for me. I guess i'm still pretty timid. thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm waiting to hear from insurance to see if the other driver will cover the damage I guess we will see.

Latest posts

Back