Weekend gamble paid off!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I found this at the local Goodwill on Saturaday. They wanted $50 for it, but since I only wanted some parts off it I waited till today when I could use my student ID and get 25% off. It worked and it was still there this afternoon. The parts in the pics are the ones I'm going to use.

1980's vintage Roadmaster "Cape Cod".
39511379pk0.jpg

Working speedo for a 26" wheel. I have it mounted on my daily ride bobber. I'm not 100% on the looks so I may sell it. DOes anyone know if it is the internal speedo gearing or the front wheel drive gear that sets the size wheel the speedo can use?
74140863pp4.jpg

Cool leather (?) seat. It has springs that support the leather underneath. The leather is almost shot, but it will make a good pattern for a new cover.
33805787nt5.jpg

The main reason I bought it, 3-speed freewheel rear end. Wokrs like a charm!
78225426gd9.jpg

M-shaped handle bars. Very swoopy with confy grips.
15361583po5.jpg

I'm going to put it back together with some leftover parts from a boardtracker project donor and sell it. Since I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, my room is starting to look like a bike shop. SO FAR the wife is understanding, but don't want to push my luck.

crash91 said:
SO FAR the wife is understanding, but don't want to push my luck.
:lol: know how you feel........ normally mine will look at me like im nuts tonight she came out to the garge to see what became of her old bike and said it was"cute"! :mrgreen:

My wife thinks I am crazy because I look at bikes more for the parts than the whole bike.

Back