weekend pick up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Came across a garage full of killer old tank bikes. Elgins, Phantoms, Cycle truck and various other killer old bikes. Very nice guy to talk with and he knew his bikes. The terrible thing was that he just could not budge on price and was looking for anywhere between $500 - $600 each. I tried the "bundle" tactic and tried shooting various offers but.... nothing worked and he was very firm. I found 2 that he was not attached to and bought them very reasonable yet my heart ached the entire drive home. :cry: I even stopped the truck a mile away from his garage and tried to talk myself into going back for the elgin and the cycle truck. I just knew that if I had spent that kind of money, my wife would have me sleeping in the garage for months.

The girls bike has some very nice Typhoon Chord tires that ride silky smooth and the the boys bike is badged as a Laselle and has some pretty cool parts on it. All in all the bikes i picked up have some good parts that I have been wanting to buy for a while now so it wasnt a bad trip.

Those badges are nice. 8)

Rat Rod said:
Cool finds!!!!

Better get to selling more seat posts to earn some quick cash. :lol:

Yup!! I only need to sell 66 posts to get the 2 bikes i wanted. Ya need a few posts Steve??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice finds. I'm from D.M. origionally, lots of cool bikes to be found up there still. My friend Dan owns Ichi Bike. If you want to part with that motobike stem, hit me back. I need a post too, need to get some measurements first.
Cheers,
Johnny

I have met Dan on a few occasions. Very nice guy. His shop is also very cool! As for the neck.... it had a bad twist in it and I actually heated it today and got it straight. I think I have a project in my for it but if it comes up unneeded i will let you know. Thanks :D

The blue Schwinn has a very unusual frame. I've never seen a prewar Schwinn with dropouts like that. No adjustment screws. It looks like the seat post clamp might be different too...30's style, but may be the camera angle. Otherwise, it's just a regular '40 or '41 DX frame. Fenders and fork look correct for a '41 DX. Gary

Latest posts

Back