WEINMANN BLACK DOTS?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alot of the old raleigh muscle bikes i come across have a similar weinman brake.

they either look like this
IMG_4576.jpg

or this
IMG_4581.jpg

or a combination that looks like the ones you've posted (clamp in the first pic with the lever from the second pic)

that being said, i don't like alum. brakes on my rat rods. i much prefer to find chromed steel brakes

RALEIGHS are what ive seen the blackdots on, i believe an online bikeparts site has the complete old style levers with black dots still, new too, though i forget which one i was looking at. i thought it was bikepartsusa but i just came up empty there. i remember they were cheap though !!!

Ya icy, I got a pair of these red dots, off of my '68 Lemon Peeler. Liked the black dot ones because of the ball on the end, motorcycle-ish.

MyWeinmannLevers.jpg

I should have 2 of these, but can only find one, from a mid sixties Sears sting ray, gonna use this one sometime soon.

MYChromeLever3.jpg

MyChromeLever1.jpg

CCR said:
RALEIGHS are what ive seen the blackdots on, i believe an online bikeparts site has the complete old style levers with black dots still, new too, though i forget which one i was looking at. i thought it was bikepartsusa but i just came up empty there. i remember they were cheap though !!!

Hey CCR if you can remember where you saw those levers, I'd like to know. Did a quick Google search and only found fleabay stuff. Feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Quanah said:
I should have 2 of these, but can only find one, from a mid sixties Sears sting ray, gonna use this one sometime soon.

MYChromeLever3.jpg

MyChromeLever1.jpg

These levers look very similar to levers used on old english 3 speeds, might be a cheap source for ya.

Back