Well let see if it worked

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it work?

Here's 2 bikes I did 2 years ago for my wife and I.There semi-flat black frames ,her's with blue lacquer tin with Tremclad clear on top, mine has just red enamel.(much easier).
They are heavily pinstriped with lot's of polished stainless acorn nuts and button-head machine screws.Ialso used Electra and Nirve seats etc.
The tires are duro and the wheels have anodized aluminum acorn wheel nuts and homemade dice valvecaps.

We take them on 10 to 15 mile rides and are very smooth and with the gears the hills are not a problem :)

2229.jpg

2228.jpg

2228.jpg

2226.jpg

2225.jpg

2224.jpg

I went into your message and cleaned up your code.

Click on the "Edit" button (top right) to see what I did to make them show up.

Once you see it done the correct way it should make sense.

Thanks for the help DD!

:D THanks for the help, I think I got it . Just have to get used to it and it should be alot easier.

Sweet bikes Vroom!!! Did you do the pinstriping on em'? Sounds like your a body man soo wondered if you were a striper too. I was admiring them sweet lines. Troy

8) Thanks Fattroy.

The striping was done by a local longtime striper , he does great work. If look closely you can see the colors actually go over and under each other in places.
The job actually took three days, letting one application dry before the next was applied.
I want to get some more bikes done , but at 2 bills for the pair I gonna have to wait .

No, I'm not a body guy, I just like doing as mush as I can myself. The paint is good old rattle can . Maybe I'll give the striping a try sometime it looks like fun.

Yeah doin all you can yourself is what makes it fun!!!! And the striping is a lost art. I got a buddy that does it, but I can't pull a line at all! They earn their money on that one. Troy

Latest posts

Back