Well, since the factory is in my backyard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm new to the forum and I just purchased my first cruiser bike. Since I live in Ozone Park I went str8 to the Worksman factory to buy this puppy (Nope, no ratrod here). I gotta say the President of Worksman (Wayne Sosin) is a great guy. He gave me a quick tour of the factory which was way cool. Well, I'd like to share some photos with you all. Hope you enjoy.

Mods (so far): Hornless bike seat
16 inch apehangers (I shouda went with 18")
Blk/Chrome sproket
New Blk/chrome pedals
Chrome chain (was suppossed to be Blk/chrome but the fuckers sent me the wrong one, oh well)

Future Mods: Black fenders with grey pinstripping or hot rod flames

July-Auguststuff087.jpg

In front of the Worksman factory entrance

July-Auguststuff121.jpg

July-Auguststuff102.jpg

Ozone Park Representin'!

July-Auguststuff111.jpg

SUICIDAL!!!!

July-Auguststuff107.jpg

My little girls ;)

July-Auguststuff108.jpg

July-Auguststuff113.jpg

July-Auguststuff115.jpg

July-Auguststuff098.jpg

July-Auguststuff105.jpg

Long Island Surf Edge XXX

The rims and front hub ,have a real tendancy to rust. I would put some good wax on them now and keep after them in the future. :wink: Nice bike. I cant believe you got a factory tour and didnt take any pictures. :cry: :cry:

duuuuuude!!!!!!! factory tour?! i would have been like the fat kid in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, and never made it past the first stop on the tour :wink:
that's a great American made bike you got there! CONGRATS!

Hands down Worksman has to be one of the radest bikes of all time for me.When you look at a Worksman you know what your looking at!Not just another 3 bar frame.And still lugged to this day.

Hey, Thanks for the kind words everyone. As for the hornless bike seat. I use one on my MTB as well. I had epididymitis (infection in the testicle) and after the 3rd time my urologist asked if I ride a bike, I said yeah, then he told me to lose the horned bike seat. They take alittle getting used to, but I like them.

I was lucky to get a small tour of the factory because they didn't have the bike I wanted in the showroom, so Wayne Sosin (president) took me upstairs to go check out the bike. I got to see them make the rims, but not paint the bikes (I believe that was on the third floor). Mr. Sosin jokingly said "don't tell my insurance company I let you in here". :) I don't think he would've let me take pitures while there (I wasn't really expecting to be let into the manufacturing area, anyway), but if you search online there is some photos/videos of inside the factory.

Mr. Sosin was a really cool guy. He was stoked that I was a local from the neighborhood interested in purchasing a bike. I personally believe that you should support (when possible) companies who make there products here and give americans jobs (especially in this economic climate). Mr. Sosin and I had a good talk about domestic manufacturing and he said he wants to keep making Worksmans bikes right in OP, which is way cool. Worksman also recently had a article written about them on MSN.com and "Things still made in America". Sadly, I heard Cannondale is packing up a heading overseas.

Believe me, I own a China made GT aggressor, and I've put more repairs on the thing than the bike is worth (are MTB trails here on Long Island aren't even that aggressive either). Next MTB will be American made. I even get my surfboards made by local shapers right here on Long Island. I won't ride a China made surfboard/skateboard. Absolute junk if you ask me.

I can tell ya that my worksman is a great bike. If your thinking about purchasing one, I would highly recommend it.

XSk8Str8X said:
Hey, Thanks for the kind words everyone. As for the hornless bike seat. I use one on my MTB as well. I had epididymitis (infection in the testicle) and after the 3rd time my urologist asked if I ride a bike, I said yeah, then he told me to lose the horned bike seat. They take alittle getting used to, but I like them.
ouch! sounds painful :cry:

ya have to keep looking after the lil' guys :mrgreen:

but seriously it looks like a bike that will last a lifetime good acquisition!

cool bike and i used to live around the corner from there as well

Very cool - I haven't seen those frames before. Even cooler that you got the VIP treatment with a tour!
Nice mods so far, haven't seen those hornless seats before, and the apes look cool - but take some WD-40 to that sticker mess on your chainguard, willya? :wink:

Yep, like this bike. Just clean and smooth!

Hammond Eggz said:
Very cool - I haven't seen those frames before. Even cooler that you got the VIP treatment with a tour!
Nice mods so far, haven't seen those hornless seats before, and the apes look cool - but take some WD-40 to that sticker mess on your chainguard, willya? :wink:

I got some GooGone in the garage, just gotta get around to it. ;)

that's so cool that you got a little tour of the factory! and that bike is a beauty! what do they call that frame style?

XSk8Str8X said:
Mr. Sosin and I had a good talk about domestic manufacturing and he said he wants to keep making Worksmans bikes right in OP, which is way cool.

yeah, i'm gonna get me a real made-in-the-USA Worksman hopefully by next summer.

UncleKudzu said:
that's so cool that you got a little tour of the factory! and that bike is a beauty! what do they call that frame style?

XSk8Str8X said:
Mr. Sosin and I had a good talk about domestic manufacturing and he said he wants to keep making Worksmans bikes right in OP, which is way cool.

yeah, i'm gonna get me a real made-in-the-USA Worksman hopefully by next summer.

20 inch str8 bar cruiser frame. http://www.worksman.com

Back