Well this feels a bit more comfortable.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've been around bikes my whole life, retirement is staring me in the face and the desire to simplify my life is poking me in the ribs. I currently have a 90's something Bontrager Privateer that's collecting a fare amount of dust in my shed and I plan on leaving it there. I have always longed for a simple cruiser again, I was able to pick up a pair of Schwinn's, a Heavy Duti and a Deluxe cruiser. I'm a new guy over on the CABE but I don't want to do a complete 100% restoration down to the correct kickstand pin. My current plan is to lace up the kickback I have to a new rim, new rim up front, grease the ungreased, replace a few bits and bobs, feather the deep chips outta the paint, hit it with a coat of wax and ride off into the sunset. Well this is entirely too long but I figured I'd start off by saying hello.

P.S. I have them in my office right now, my boss is extremely cool. Thank you for letting me post a photo right off the bat.

Cruiser 001.JPG
Heavy Duti 001.jpg

Last edited:
I currently have a 90's something Bontrager Privateer that's collecting a fare amount of dust in my shed and I plan on leaving it there
We like those too, feel free to share pictures. If you are curious about your bike: the Privateer is not built in Santa Cruz like the Race (Lite) and Off Road models are. The Privateer models were issued around late 1995 and were built by Trek after the takeover. They are Made in the USA frames and share a lot of characteristics with the Race (Lite), but not all. The aim was a more affordable way to ride and enjoy a Bontrager. The Race and Race Lite frames were very expensive to build.

Back