WENT TO BUY ONE FOUND 2 SCHWINN BIKES HORNET +

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
These are two finds .. I found these relitively locally 45 miles from home ..
I bought this Hornet .. The grips & tires are not my work .. :roll: :lol:

DSC00344_zpsb4f532ce.jpg

DSC00345_zpsb17579e2.jpg

Then I stop to see a friend & he asked me do you want a free bike ?? .( Well yeah )
I just need to replace the chain & this one is ready to flip locally .Its a nice bike for free & its ttaalllllll (tall).. :D
DSC00346_zps6fb25cd2.jpg

Sweet Hornet !!! Especially with the red lettered tank. The truss rods models usually had painted rims and blackwalls on them but I'm not complaining about the way it looks now :D :D

Nice hornet. Love the rocket ray. And the fender arrow tips. Long sweep on the fender arrow tip.

1918 Ranger

Nice Schwinn find!

CCR said:
Sweet Hornet !!! Especially with the red lettered tank. The truss rods models usually had painted rims and blackwalls on them but I'm not complaining about the way it looks now :D :D

The rims Im not sure about if they where original to the bike?? But they are Schwinn ..Ive been told that a small number of these where made with chrome wheels.My other Hornet did have painted rims. But Im also not a Schwinn expert.. The tires are not correct but look good to me on the bike. Oviously the BMX grips are not correct but I do have White & Black chubby grips on stand by..

Anyone have good any good ideas on how to remove the reflector tape ??? :roll:

Im glad you ot the Hornet but im still pretty upset with the seller for not leaving me a message with a phone number when he called me :x
I think i'll send him ANOTHER email stating my displeasure :mrgreen:

tanksalot said:

Anyone have good any good ideas on how to remove the reflector tape ??? :roll:

I use a heat gun (not a hair dryer) to peel them off, sometimes you can use a razor blade to grab an edge and pull but you also risk cutting the paint. rubbing alcohol or goo gone will get rid of the sticky.

Bri-in-RI said:
Im glad you ot the Hornet but im still pretty upset with the seller for not leaving me a message with a phone number when he called me :x

I wish this guy I bought this from had two of these Hornet bikes one for me one for Bri,This is the story on this bike... I would like to thank Bri with out his help I would have not been able to buy this bike . :D (He didnt answer his phone when the person selling the bike called at 7 AM with a restricted phone number ..)
I hope he continues to not answer restrricted /blocked calls in the future .. :roll: To be honest I didnt answer the blocked call either but I did get a message.. :D By dumb luck ... Maybe Bri accidently deleted a message from his phone ? But I dont think he did .
Ive been offered a X 53 in trade but Im on the fence about that ..

tanksalot said:
Bri-in-RI said:

I wish this guy I bought this from had two of these Hornet bikes one for me one for Bri,This is the story on this bike... I would like to thank Bri with out his help I would have not been able to buy this bike . :D (He didnt answer his phone when the person selling the bike called at 7 AM with a restricted phone number ..)
I hope he continues to not answer restrricted /blocked calls in the future .. :roll: To be honest I didnt answer the blocked call either but I did get a message.. :D By dumb luck ... Maybe Bri accidently deleted a message from his phone ? But I dont think he did .

Stay away from that X-53!!! And sell me that Rocket Ray :mrgreen:

Bri-in-RI said:
tanksalot said:
Bri-in-RI said:

Stay away from that X-53!!! And sell me that Rocket Ray :mrgreen:

( That was a quick reply )

Latest posts

Back