Went to Oregon sale today.. what year Hawthorne??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the sale in Creswell Oregon that was posted on here today and picked up a load of things. I dont have any girls bikes and I wanted one so I picked up this Wards Hawthorne. Can anybody help me figure out the year on it? Number is F42134. I also got this trike and pedal car along with lots of other fun things :D

P1090452.jpg

P1090453.jpg

P1090455.jpg

P1090463.jpg

P1090462.jpg

P1090468.jpg

Also I know those are not the right handle bars. It didnt have anything so I just threw those on for now.

Glad somebody went! did he sell out? Busy? It was so hot the day before I coudlnt imagine driving back in the heat in a 67 ford panel van. Who got the Silver king frame?

I had to work until 9am so I was a few hours late. I thought everything would be gone and that I would pull up and it would be packed. There was only a couple cars there and still a ton of stuff. From the pics on facebook it looked like only two girls bike were gone, the frames were gone along with some other parts. I was there until about 3 looking around and talking to him (really nice people) and it was really dead the whole time. He said there was only 6 cars when they opened. I figured there would have been a ton. I dont think it was advertised enough.

Hi! Very nice score on the Hawthorne. Cleveland Welding started using the seat post binder with the annulated ring in 1948. In 1950 the Shockmaster springer went through changes that saw the springs go from a cylindrical shape to a barrel shape and the lower truss from straight to the bumper style. I have a 1950 with a transition fork - it has the barrel shaped springs but still has the straight lower truss rods. So your bike was produced in 1948-49 and possibly 1950. It looks to be in very good condition and they ride like "Cadillacs" of course. Have Fun! Robert

tanksalot said:
I have to ask after seeing the photos ect.. Was the stuff pricey ??

There were no prices on anything. You had to ask and you could tell he was very close to his bikes and he was having a hard time letting them go. The red hawthorne tank bike with the headlight that was leaning over in the pics was $800. There was another he also want $800 for. I asked about a few other bikes and he wanted about $150ea for those. I paid $140 for the bike I got with no handlebars but I have already been offered $200 just for the tires on thecabe.com. I paid $40 for the trike but I wanted it because of the jewel in the back. There were some gas pumps for $400.

Latest posts

Back