Went to the scrapyard and SCORED!!! NEW PAINT!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Went to the scrapyard and SCORED!!!

Well here it is in all it's spray bomb glory! Hey for $5 I can't complain. It has a Haro seat which almost threw me off but I know the [HB] insignia is Hoffman and the Haro insignia is just an H with three arrows over it.
Hoffman002.jpg

[HB]
Hoffman007.jpg

Salt chain ring
Hoffman003.jpg

Salt hub
Hoffman005.jpg

DK flip flop hub
Hoffman004.jpg

Jut scored another BMX off of Craigslist! It's an SE with 3 piece crank 14mm front and rear, bash guard, and a nasty dent in the top tube. He was asking $40 and I gave him an extra $5 to deliver it. Will post pics soon as I get back to my desktop.

Here's pics!
Rear frame looks almost like a Haro.
SEracing001.jpg

SE bars and stem
SEracing005.jpg

SE stamped fork
SEracing002.jpg

SE stamped dropouts
SEracing003.jpg

Love this crank with bash guard.
SEracing004.jpg

Re: Went to the scrapyard and SCORED!!! It's BMX new school day!

Nice scores!! Remember that blue Haro I got for $10 and you told me to flip it? I cleaned it up, put the correct front wheel on it, bought a seat clamp and got rid of the medical tape holding up the seat... sold it on CL in 1 day for $125!

You could flip that spray bombed bike for the same I bet!

CRASH said:
Nice scores!! Remember that blue Haro I got for $10 and you told me to flip it? I cleaned it up, put the correct front wheel on it, bought a seat clamp and got rid of the medical tape holding up the seat... sold it on CL in 1 day for $125!

You could flip that spray bombed bike for the same I bet!

Awesome, glad it worked out for you. These two ill probably clean up and re-paint or raw them out and send a few SASE's for some stickers. I changed the tube in the Hoffman and took it for a short ride and discovered the crank bearing on the drive side was trashed so I replaced both now it rides great.

Some sweet new school action there! I found my first this weekend. It was in a FREE pile at a yard sale. An Intense Pro XL race bike with a full Sinz componants and profile widowmaker chainring. Saddly, it has no wheels and was painted with latex house paint (which I am removing... Slowly)

Thanks ccr, I was kinda wondering about the model. I been on a winning streak that won't quit. Just sold a bike and that unicycle today and got a three wheel recumbent from the scrapyard! It's rough but complete and needs one spot re welded but for $20 I ain't complaining.

Well I worked on a few today. I got the Hoffman all re-painted and it looks a million times better!
BEFORE:
Hoffman002.jpg

AFTER
Bikesofday005.jpg

CRASH said:
Just a rattle can job? It looks great!!
Yep, Krylon Dual paint/primer in one. And a good wet sanding to smooth out any imperfections. Then a coat of Krylon crystal clear. (leftovers from painting my recumbent trike)

I like this paint and will use again. It's kinda thick so it's great for covering imperfections and has a fan tip that has a great even spray, although it did get clogged and start to sputter but I just turned the can upside down, cleared the nozzle, and went back to painting. Also have to do light coats or it will run but that's just painting 101.

Fisch said:
Nicely done!
Thanks, now just to sell it. I think with the upgrades and nice looking paint it shouldn't be a problem

You may want to reword your ad. Googling this from your ad "3 piece crank, 14mm axles front and back, DK flip flop rear hub, Salt front hub, Salt chain ring" brings up this thread as the first result. They might find out it was not your "park bike". :wink:

cman said:
You may want to reword your ad. Googling this from your ad "3 piece crank, 14mm axles front and back, DK flip flop rear hub, Salt front hub, Salt chain ring" brings up this thread as the first result. They might find out it was not your "park bike". :wink:
Oh ok. I'll reword it here...lol. Besides most Craigslist people aren't that smart. It's about half the price of the other comparable BMX bikes so it's a great price regardless of the back story. They buy it don't, makes no difference to me. For the $10-$15 I have into it I'll keep it if it doesn't sell. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back