Were all boy's Flightliners originally red and girls that aqua color?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've searched around on the web for a while but can never seem to come up with an answer. Seems like every boy's Flightliner I've ever seen was originally red with a white tank, or chromed with a red tank, and all the girl's were that aqua/turquoise blue-green color. Did they offer different colors? Just curious.

I have a 59 Flightliner that is a starburst paint from the factory. As far as the girls, does seem your pretty much right on that one.

Cool, would love to see a picture of that if you have one.

This is really the only shot I have of it. I've left it in "as found" condition. Love my things telling the story of they're lives when at all possible.

attachment.php

This is really the only shot I have of it. I've left it in "as found" condition. Love my things telling the story of they're lives when at all possible.

attachment.php
I'm pretty sure that's a faded red one. I have seen several that spent a lot of time in the sun and the red faded in places to a more coppery color. Your fork still looks red.

Found out my bike is a '62 and was originally Flambouyant Red/White so I decided to go back to that. Here's some before and after pics, gonna post these in a couple other spots too but figured I'd give an update.

Back