were to put that stereo????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a great sunny day today! darn cold..... but sunny none the less...

So out I went for the first ride of the new year on the "Slick Daddy" .....tunes kickin people stopping me to ask questions..its all good.

Stopped in to my LBS were Troy the owner said "Great to see the HotRod out!" "Shame that you have the stereo held on with them zap straps!" ya.... sorry have not stopped to think of a better way. So within a few minutes Troy came back from the back with a real cool idea!

a set of clamps that are used to hold on the reflector!
IMG_2867.jpg

here is were I would like to place the unit

IMG_2862.jpg

So here is the stereo....its a portible speaker system that hooks up to my MP3
IMG_2866.jpg

so using the clamps... I polished up a set of stainless screws and attached them to the bottom
IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

Its a little high but man it worked out great! Always support your local LBS....the box stores can't help you like this!

Thanks Troy! "Maple Ridge Cycle"

IMG_2873.jpg

Looks good FW. You could use velcro instead of the zip tie, thats what I use on the dashboard of my truck. I'd like to do somthing simmilar for my bikes but wasn't sure how those little tiny speakers would sound...Kelly

Hey Kelly

I did try the velco at first and even used the real good stuff that I have here in the shop.....but it did not work :cry: going over curbs, pot holes and no real suspention, I found the weight of the stereo would just pull itself off.

I find this speaker system works very well! ...............eats batteries big time!! so I now use recharables :mrgreen: got to be Green..

I took the bike for a spin today and it works great! what's even better is now I can move the stereo to what ever bike I'm using.

FW

If you do not already have a stereo for this, check out the iHome IH19. It even comes with the clamps to intall it on the handlebars. It works seemlessly with the ipod or it will also work with any other audio source. I saw them at sams for under $40. I'm tempted to pick one up after seeing your setup FW.

10092_22_2.jpg

ihome-ih19-bike-mount.jpg

It comes in a bunch of colors too

http://www.ihomeaudio.com/products.asp? ... pt_id=1007

Or there is the IH85 waterbottle speaker
ihome-ih85b.png

10186_57_3.jpg

wo I see upgrades in the future!!! :shock: I like the bottle idea but I do not have brackets on my rides...

Clothespin"N" has a real nice setup.... his is built into a backpack and it kicks!!!! stock I belive :mrgreen:

Ratina asked if I have a pic of the whole bike.....here is one wihout the stereo.....I'll take one with later today
IMG_1679.jpg

Firewalker said:
wo I see upgrades in the future!!! :shock: I like the bottle idea but I do not have brackets on my rides...

Clothespin"N" has a real nice setup.... his is built into a backpack and it kicks!!!! stock I belive :mrgreen:

Ratina asked if I have a pic of the whole bike.....here is one wihout the stereo.....I'll take one with later today
IMG_1679.jpg

Thanks...that bike is sick!

Back