Western Flyer and Schwinn frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sunny Florida Starting October 1, 2016!!!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OK, first let me say you did great - don't worry. The top pic is a post war 1940's Cleveland Welding built Western Flyer. You can triple your money easily with the parts - probably more. The bare frame may be a Schwinn - I don't know - I don't do Schwinns. The other frame with some parts on it is also a Cleveland Welding frame and the parts on it are also Cleveland Welding. I don't know what condition the frames are in but if there is no damage and no rust down to the bare metal the CWC frames go for $50 - $70 just the bare frame. The Schwinn in like condition will go for more. You did extremely well - enjoy! Robert

You were quite fortunate to get both frames with the sweeping top bars - most people agree those are Cleveland Welding's best looking frames. I'm sure you'll be able to find something to do with them. Looks like good things come to those that wait. Have Fun! Robert

The bare frame indeed looks like a post war Schwinn DX. These frames are desireable because you can get a repop tank for them. Worth around $100 if it's straight and solid. Gary

Latest posts

Back