Western Flyer I.D. year etc.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met someone who would like to know more about this Western Flyer. Any Details on this would
be appreciated, year, wrong parts etc.

He also would like to know best method of cleaning wheels. He said he could not find serial number, is it possible number is NOT on bottom of crank?

It looks like one of the reproductions of a 50's bike made in the early 90's by Emory (Aerofast). The serial number should be on the head tube if that's correct. It looks like everything is original down to the tires. The rack needs straightened but has all the reflectors. Here's some info from the CABE's website:

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?12138-Western-Flyer-Reproduction

As for cleaning the chrome wheels, I use very fine steel wool, 0000 grade with a little WD40. I would clean the painted surfaces with mild detergent and a soft scrubber so as not to remove any paint. Then wax it with car wax. If the tires aren't good enough, they are an easy replacement, that 26 x 2.125 size has plenty of styles and colors on the market.

Thanks Wildcat / doorman for the information, this should be very helpful.

Back