Wethersfield CT, 2nd Annual Bike Show - (Good Cookies!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd_Annual_Wethersfield_Bicycle_Festival-Show_and_Swap_Meet.jpg

This is our second annual swap meet for the WHS Bicycle Club.

It is in Old Wethersfield CT, and as far as I know the only annual one currently in CT.

Last year we had about a 150ish people, and over a dozen sellers. (Not bad for a first year, I've been told).

This year I have been pulling out all the stops to advertise (newspaper, online, pta's, chamber of commerse, tourism, riding clubs, shops, etc.. etc... etc...).

For the good folks I've met at other swaps, you'll get a whole new group of customers and contacts, plus a lot of the familiar faces. See the flier for all the deets. Please spread the word. We tried to make it on a date that was free from all other activities, because we like to go to the other swaps too!

Great place to go riding afterwards with many bars, restaurants, and an ice cream parlor nearby in a historic town on the Connecticut river. Just 5 mins South of Hartford.

Indoor outdoor. Rain or shine.

It will be more fun if YOU are there. Thanks to all the folks who came last year! (Apparently the cookies were great!)

Contact

[email protected]

Thanks

Yes,I saw this on Craigslist and good to
See it here. Good show for first year, sure
Year 2 will be better. I guess you can use
that gym if it rains,sweet! Some NERRBs
went to a cemertry on a ride after.
Good Luck,cya...Stevil

I'll be there. Haven't decided to set up a booth yet or not. Would rather be shopping for what I want. If you are going, and have any prewar bikes to sell, let me know before I go. ISO Schwinn Ranger or similar.

Hi all, here is an update…

You don't need reservations, so if you are on the fence and realize there's nothing else to do that morning you can have a spot without penalty (same is true if you reserve and then have an emergency; no problem). The reservations(a head count) just helps us to plan and get the place ready.

You know how it works the more people the better. So far I have 10 seller spots requested. My goal is 15-20, though we can handle more too.
Please consider helping us out. All the seller fees go to the high school bike club to buy tires, chains, etc for our own use and the bikes we donate. Plus, more people = more fun. I've really tried even harder to get the foot traffic interest going. Our club is going to be in the next local paper hopefully on the cover.

General_Map_for_Wethersfield_Bike_Show_and_Swap_Meet-2015.jpg

Sellers_Map_for_Wethersfield_Bike_Show_and_Swap_Meet-2015.jpg

I'll be there. Haven't decided to set up a booth yet or not. Would rather be shopping for what I want. If you are going, and have any prewar bikes to sell, let me know before I go. ISO Schwinn Ranger or similar.

Maybe I could get a kid from the club to watch your stand for a bit while you scan the perimeter...:thumbsup:

Ohh this is a Saturday swap.Need to get
up early to load car as I work late ( fri).
I will bring J James bike from last weeks ride along with Phat bike 3 sped. And an
adult Green Machine. See ya there and follow up with a ride around town...Stevil

I'll be there.

If needed, I can donate some of my Ball End grips for door prizes, or Show Bike prizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for me. I'm setting up a booth if it's not raining. I'm taking some junk, and some bikes to sell, but I'm taking a 20's Elgin motobike just to let people see. i have a lot of parts too. Maybe I'll make a little "Junkhunter" sign and put it somewhere so people from the site will know me. I'll be easy to recognize. I always wear overalls.

Attachments

• 108_1274.JPG
    108_1274.JPG
    431.5 KB · Views: 201
Junkhunter, see my "sticky" sale thread in the Swap Meet/For Sale section of forum. All items listed with prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junk,is that you at Bishop's in Guilford?
Don't worry you will be lost in this event,we all find each other.I got a goatee and hairy
visor.It will be good to see you ,Joel. Ride On...Stevil

It is. I do a lot of volunteer work for The Community Dining Room in Branford, and the scarecrow building at Halloween is one of our largest fundraising events. Bishops Orchards provides us with a LOT of the food year round we use to help struggling families and the elderly in Branford. They are a GREAT organization. You must get your pumpkins there!

Great show guys. I liked seeing the kids (and adult kids) out there riding around and trying out new things. Good job T in C. I'll be there next year. Will bring different stuff though. Will try to post a few pics later. Nice meeting everyone!

Small swap like last year but fun as we all get to ride others bikes. I swap a Phat bike
for a Schwinn Corvette barn find. Brian,Joel,Alan,and I,NERRB Strong
Young guy got my White Bike...Stevil

Latest posts

Back