What are you listening to?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Glenwood Iowa last week for Ragbrai. About 15 miles from Omaha and Council Bluffs. First night I tried to listen to some radio. I got a Spanish singing voice that just went on and on and on. Next station up the numbers I got the exact same song and voice but in English and it went on and on and on and on. Surely these were AI generated tunes and voice. The song probably lasted 59.8 minutes leaving enough for the FCC required station id every hour. My guess is these radio stations do this so they don't have to pay any artist royalties or pay any disc jockeys or announcers.

Once upon a time, when I was a young lad, despite my parents warning as they left
the house for a dinner party, I stayed up late. Just as I heard the car pull into the
driveway a most bizarre television commercial came on and it had been riveted into
my psych ever since. The movie camera view was charging through a house in a classic
haunted house fashion, into the house, up the stairs, down a hallway, to a door, and
all the while there was a girl or group of girls chanting this phrase over and over again:
"Every night before bed, She plays Ted." "Every night before bed, She plays Ted." "Every
night before bed, She plays Ted." Over and over. And the door swings open and there
is a girl playing with a Ted Nugent doll. Not one of those plastic type dolls we see now
a days, but a big, sewn together doll of Ted. I've searched and searched for many years
for one of those dolls and even a scant piece of that old commercial to no avail.
I've asked friends I've met all over the country since the '70s when I saw it the one
time that one night, but nobody I ever spoke with had seen it and thought perhaps
I was making it up. I was transfixed to the T.V. when my parents walked in, still laughing
and smiling from their good time, saw me sitting there with the T.V. on and smartly
said, "Get to bed!" And I scurried off without a word, still wondering about what I had
just witnessed.

Holy snot! I just found it! Or the photo of it at least! OMG! I'm not crazy! It really happened!
Apparently they had run ads in Teen Beat and Tiger Beat magazines. Brilliant! I am vindicated!
Double Live Gonzo! Released January 1978 and I was 10 and a half. Now I wonder if it
was before or after the Mighty Blizzard of '78. Man, those were good times. Little Judy McCann.
1722815117581.png

Last edited:
Once upon a time, when I was a young lad, despite my parents warning as they left
the house for a dinner party, I stayed up late. Just as I heard the car pull into the
driveway a most bizarre television commercial came on and it had been riveted into
my psych ever since. The movie camera view was charging through a house in a classic
haunted house fashion, into the house, up the stairs, down a hallway, to a door, and
all the while there was a girl or group of girls chanting this phrase over and over again:
"Every night before bed, She plays Ted." "Every night before bed, She plays Ted." "Every
night before bed, She plays Ted." Over and over. And the door swings open and there
is a girl playing with a Ted Nugent doll. Not one of those plastic type dolls we see now
a days, but a big, sewn together doll of Ted. I've searched and searched for many years
for one of those dolls and even a scant piece of that old commercial to no avail.
I've asked friends I've met all over the country since the '70s when I saw it the one
time that one night, but nobody I ever spoke with had seen it and thought perhaps
I was making it up. I was transfixed to the T.V. when my parents walked in, still laughing
and smiling from their good time, saw me sitting there with the T.V. on and smartly
said, "Get to bed!" And I scurried off without a word, still wondering about what I had
just witnessed.

Holy snot! I just found it! Or the photo of it at least! OMG! I'm not crazy! It really happened!
Apparently they had run ads in Teen Beat and Tiger Beat magazines. Brilliant! I am vindicated!
Double Live Gonzo! Released January 1978 and I was 10 and a half. Now I wonder if it
was before or after the Mighty Blizzard of '78. Man, those were good times. Little Judy McCann.
View attachment 276667
That's awesome I have never heard of that!! I have been a Terrible Ted fan since the first Ted Nugent album came about..........................

That's awesome I have never heard of that!! I have been a Terrible Ted fan since the first Ted Nugent album came about..........................
The Motor City Madman. The wildest concert I ever went to at Madison Square Garden.
He opened for Aerosmith for their famous return to the stage after who knows how many
years. My mind is still reeling from the guitar onslaught that night. He was so hot that they
actually cut the power to the stage! Rumor has it the road manager for Aerosmith was so
scared that Ted was going to totally outshine Aerosmith's comeback that he shut Ted off.
It was incredible. Ted took it in stride with one mic and a spotlight when he said, "Oh man!
New York! I think I must have scared somebody!" And he was right. Aerosmith was really
just so so after Ted. And I'm a Smith fan, so don't get me wrong. What a night.
image_2024-08-05_100648374.png

I like Aerosmith up to the Toys in the Attic album after that not so much, Teds been Kickin tail and takin names since waaaaay back...............
When I started driving my Chevy pickup had an 8 track. I wore out Aerosmith Rocks.
That was one that I had to insert a book of matches to get the heads to line up to
play right. 😁

Latest posts

Back