What did I just buy?!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I am from the Netherlands and recently I stumbled on this picture while surfing the net. And soon after I found this site :)
image.jpg

The most beautiful bike I've ever seen!

Since then I have been searching the net for a bike for sale in the Netherlands.
Today I bought this bike.
image.jpg

I have no idea what it is (Schwinn?) because I am a complete noob to this. But I like it! Especially the fork.

Any one any info about this bike? I don't have it yet, it will arrive soon.

From what I can see in the picture, the frame is either a later Taiwan era or knock-off from another maker, due to the thickness of the seat post tube and straight-in steering head joints. It appears to have an old Chicago type fork, with the steer tube/crown reversed, and the spring removed for the stretched low-rider effect.

Thanks for the replies.

The seller thought it was from around 1980 and he thought it was American made.
More info and pics when I get the bike.
Right now I don't even know what size it is. In my enthousiasm I didn't ask for any additional info:cool:

I like the cafe racer look (kinda like your avatar deven science), but also like low. But not all streched like a low rider. Maybe something with a Loco Joe Chop.

Cool starter. Should make a really cool cruiser.
And welcome to the madness.

Oke, it's here.
It's an Electra Deluxe from 2001, so not that old. On the the bottem it says "made in Taiwan", so deorman was right.
I have no idea on the fork, but I think it's nothing special.

But I am still happy with it! I don't have big plans for it. I want to keep it rat, different fenders (street sweeper style) and put some lights on it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I see in the latest pick it's not the older type springer, so the reversed crown idea is moot. The spring is gone, easily replaced unless of course you like the current geometry.

Latest posts

Back