What do you think...Ideas?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tridynamic

Turner Learning Center
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I recently joined. ....updated
oldbike005.jpg

Here is a bike I made in about a weeks time over about three weeks with a drill, tin snips, chop saw, 2 grinders, welder. From scrap metal and some old bike parts. Fully slide position-able bottom bracket, solid steel triangular seat post engineered to set way back; but maintain proper balance as well as even load between the front wheel and back wheel so no wheelies here Seat post can be removed to insert a regular post for riders around 5' 5"+- or so. Or just leave it set back and slide the( special bolt on ) bottom bracket back and adjust ( telescoping ) handle bars for any reach......my goal was to make the comfort ( flat land ) bike the way I would rather than look to other designs. 1.comfortable and 2. so that it would be able to accommodate most any size ( height ) person by ( built in ) position-ability. I am 6' so that is how it rolls at this time.The bike weight is about 50 lbs due to the forward frame being rather hefty to accomplish the actual step through design. I think we( you ? ) could build one out of alloy = 35lbs or so. Mainly limited as a flat land ( beach board walk etc.) cruiser with 26" wheels here 48T long crank set up. I can't really stand on the peddles as much as I can pull on the bars . I added a spring loaded chain manager as the looooooong chain can whip and derail especially when encountering a rough stretch of ground.

Pretty much finished bike. I'll probably ( rack ) do something else to it. what do you think?

Thanks

"There I$ no substitute for hard work and ingenuity"...

... You have an Idea :idea: ?....keep it, you might need it when you grow up.....

Spanky-The Little Rascals

Re: Scrap metal and old bike parts

Thanks,Have a good day!

Back