What do you throw away?Evidence photo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well it stopped raining for a while so I decided to weed whack, so this means I have to dig out all the outside bikes out of the weeds, and this leads to stripping out the frames and keeping the good parts....how many sets of Murray brake pads do I really need or hubs that I need to keep the tacoed wheel for and why cant I just throw out an old innertoob....one rule I have come into play is anything with all plastic shifters or brake handles have to go bye.

Re: What do you throw away?

If you can weed whack You must not have enough bikes.
I don't (can't) throw away anything. I just have another pile I call junk pile. It isn't very big though. :oops:

How about repurpose :mrgreen:
I have second generation depression survivor syndrome. I have a hard time throwing anything away. After all you just never know when you might need ____________________ insert name of uselees object in blank :wink:

2manybikes said:
How about repurpose :mrgreen:
I have second generation depression survivor syndrome. I have a hard time throwing anything away. After all you just never know when you might need ____________________ insert name of uselees object in blank :wink:

wheeew!! i thought i was the only one! :wink:
if i was a dog, i'd dig holes in the yard and burry it piece by piece :lol:

Hello, my name is Kevin and I have a problem

When I got back into bikes about 3 years ago I started off with two bikes, I have 26 now and about 20 of those I couldnt part with and 6 of them are for parts only.

Did I mention I find most of them for free

So glad to get that off my chest

voodoowagon said:
Hello, my name is Kevin and I have a problem

When I got back into bikes about 3 years ago I started off with two bikes, I have 26 now and about 20 of those I couldnt part with and 6 of them are for parts only.

Did I mention I find most of them for free

So glad to get that off my chest
Its ok were here for ya.

Well, shredded dryrotted tires and tubes, really hammered pedals... There are always a few parts that are a bit beyond use, even on a rat. But useable parts? Nope. Might need that sometime. :lol: ~Adam
SUNP0009.jpg

How did you get a pic of my garage? :lol: :lol:

any tires that are fubared or dry rotted, worn brake pads, dead chains and from how many i've been getting latly, im gonna start to throw out 24" wheels and tires. came into a rash of girl's 24" roadmaster and huffy mountain bikes over the past few months. why can't i keep running into spaceliners or krate bikes.? i used to throw away anything i wasn't currently useing, but not anymore. wish i really woulda held onto more stuff back then.

roadmaster said:
any tires that are fubared or dry rotted, worn brake pads, dead chains and from how many i've been getting latly, im gonna start to throw out 24" wheels and tires. came into a rash of girl's 24" roadmaster and huffy mountain bikes over the past few months. why can't i keep running into spaceliners or krate bikes.? i used to throw away anything i wasn't currently useing, but not anymore. wish i really woulda held onto more stuff back then.
If you have any 24" cruiser wheels feel free to send a couple my way! I have two projects going both needing rear wheels. :mrgreen:

nothing that is steel it gets recycled into trophies

Back