what does your wife/girlfriend think of your hobby?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my girlfriend loves my hobby cause we get to ride tandems together sometimes and she likes my tall bike and all my weird ones :D

well im the g/f and im the one addicted to bicycles lol , my b/f has vintage bicycles also and we love riding them when ever we are together so it all works out .. he even lets me stash one at his place :)
us riding in hershey with my bicycle club
28290_403757873953_544693953_4103728_6338943_n.jpg

My wife... well she puts up with me and my crazy hobbies, I built her a bike and she dont ride it much, maybe three times so far. So no she really isnt into bikes at all. Its now to the point that when she buys an expensive purse.... means I get to spend a few bucks on cool bike stuff, so its all good!

Sheryl loves to ride the bikes we already have, but she is looking forward to me finishing the old frame/coaster for her. She got to pick out the colors, and will get to order the basket and other stuff to make it her own. Yeah, bottom line, she always supports all of my interests and hobbies. I guess that's why she is my main interest and is a real keeper. I'm a lucky man!

My wife "tolerates" it for the most part. She likes it when I am doing paint because the transformation is usually so radical . She comes home every once in awhile and says someting like "One of my co-workers asked me a bicycle question taday, and I knew the answer!" Then she will smile and sarcastically remark " I hate you." We both get a giggle from that routine. :mrgreen:

About the only way I have been able to get my wifey on a bike was to get her a Schwinn Town and Country trike with a 600w hub motor. As far as putting up with my obsession, when I come home from a swap meet with a couple $$$ in my pocket she is happy. Other times she is quite vocal about her feelings about bikes.

If it weren't for my hobby, we never would have met. I let her know that too. When I was in the Navy back in the early 80's, I took my old 3 speed Hercules with me on the ship, and rode it in nearly every country we stopped at. I was 10 miles from the base in the Philippines when I had to stop for refreshment. She owned a sari-sari store, like a 7-11 store, only much smaller. So I made that a stop every time I went out riding. She also appreciates how cheap a hobby it is, compared to most anything else. She does complain every now and then, but I show her the pics of trailers and yards full of bikes you guys post here, and everything is good.

5zl8co.jpg

My wife hated it but now she is an ex (go figure) my girlfriend didn't think much about it one way or the other until I built her a 63 schwinn American. Now she loves it we ride all the time

my wife is pretty cool about it. my girlfriend on the other hand.... :lol: seriously, my wife likes the family involvement of it. she likes the expense of it (compared to building pickup trucks), but we sometimes argue over who gets the computer.

I should clarify, this is a family site. Not girlfriend while married but long after divorce :)

My wife tolerates it...it keeps me out of bars and off of street corners. (except when dumpster diving for bike parts :lol: ) She can always tell where I am when the shop lights are on. :wink:

Aaron 8)

Back