What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First ride in almost a month as I have been recovering from the flu. I grabbed the Frankenliner for a blast to the bay.
IMG_5913.jpeg

IMG_5916.jpeg

Watched the go-karts qualifying for tomorrow’s race.
IMG_5914.jpeg

Some serious coin parked here. The race spec Lambo third from the right would be my choice.

Wow that frame is awesome fat-bmx hybrid thingy!

Beautiful chopper. Love to see these rides! Got me guessing; even though the Netherlands has the best bicycle lanes and traffic... Me thinks that the US is also quite the bicycle country in itself.

There are places that are amazing on a bike!! Being a very autocentric country, it can be quite maddening/dangerous as well. Bicycle infrastructure is typically an afterthought......🤷‍♂️

Ran the Goblin up and down the hwy this morning to see what needed adjusting. Going to try to get a rear derailleur working on it this weekend. And I'm going to strip it down and repaint it with a satin green as close to the house paint green that's on it now. And decide on which chaingard will work best if I actually get the derailer to work.
IMG_20230825_124647103_HDR.jpg

Would you ride it without blocks in the pedals? Get a grip, man!
If I keep it together I'm going to retap the the bottom bracket so it'll take BSA threading and change the crank out completely. I don't mind bar rode that way for years

Ran the Goblin up and down the hwy this morning to see what needed adjusting. Going to try to get a rear derailleur working on it this weekend. And I'm going to strip it down and repaint it with a satin green as close to the house paint green that's on it now. And decide on which chaingard will work best if I actually get the derailer to work.
View attachment 246364
I think I have the derailer situation figured out. But decided I needed to have a way to make it stop.
(Brakes just slow you down)!
Had to make a couple brake pad arm extensions to get the correct length and angle for the pads to line up with the rim. Works pretty good. I'll have to get a longer brake cable and probably a newer style lever with the adjustable tensioner. Now on to the the derailer and what type of shifter I'm going to make for it.
IMG_20230827_204305409.jpg

IMG_20230827_204323411.jpg

IMG_20230827_203911200.jpg
IMG_20230827_203857429.jpg

If I keep it together I'm going to retap the the bottom bracket so it'll take BSA threading and change the crank out completely. I don't mind bar rode that way for years
Haha you quoted me while I was deleting that post. I was away for a minute, missed that you were just doing some testing. You know I like to pick on you, but then I feel bad about it. And I know you would ride without shoes, so grips are no big deal!

Haha you quoted me while I was deleting that post. I was away for a minute, missed that you were just doing some testing. You know I like to pick on you, but then I feel bad about it. And I know you would ride without shoes, so grips are no big deal!
Use to skateboard bare foot to.. had a 5 foot sector 7 longboard till I flew over the bridge behind the cotton mill. Had the first longboard in town. Guidon park hill barefoot on a longboard. Hardcore or dumb...🤔

I think I have the derailer situation figured out. But decided I needed to have a way to make it stop.
(Brakes just slow you down)!
Had to make a couple brake pad arm extensions to get the correct length and angle for the pads to line up with the rim. Works pretty good. I'll have to get a longer brake cable and probably a newer style lever with the adjustable tensioner. Now on to the the derailer and what type of shifter I'm going to make for it.
View attachment 246470

View attachment 246469
View attachment 246467View attachment 246468
That's your only brake, so I would suggest something different. When I was young I could stick my foot between the frame and tire for brakes but I outgrew that pretty quick. I use an adjustable plate and mount the brake a little more solid that your setup. It's a pretty simple setup. This bike uses two plates but you could get by with one.
View attachment 246482

In the light of day it's not feeling like the best way to go. There is way to much flex in it. It slows me down, but not quickly. I'll figure something out.

That's your only brake, so I would suggest something different. When I was young I could stick my foot between the frame and tire for brakes but I outgrew that pretty quick. I use an adjustable plate and mount the brake a little more solid that your setup. It's a pretty simple setup. This bike uses two plates but you could get by with one.
View attachment 246482
That attachment link does not work.

In the light of day it's not feeling like the best way to go. There is way to much flex in it. It slows me down, but not quickly. I'll figure something out.

That attachment link does not work.
I find it usually works better if you can move the pivot closer instead of extending the shoe mounts.

I had to visit a customer in Estes Park yesterday. With Labor Day upon us & Estes being a tourist town I wanted to head up early in case the route was a parking lot. Loaded the DJ bike in case I made it up early to check out a small pump track & skills area. I had about 45 minutes to get the heart & lungs pumping before I had to leave for my appointment.🤓
IMG_20230901_152632135.jpg

The dirt track looked unused so will need some knobbies to check that out when I have more time.....

Back