What is a Ross Barracuda?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, hello everyone, im new here.
Now what i was wondering was if any of you knew what a ross barracuda was? Someone is trying to get me to take theirs off their hands, and i havent seen it. From what they tell me its pretty similar to a schwinn stingray, but they arent even sure. So what i am wondering is how scarce are these bikes? I dont really care for stingrays that much, but if this bike is something desireable i guess it would be an OK idea to get it and hold onto it (the alternative is the owner takes it to the dump). Let me know what you all think or if you have any pictures of what one looks like, that would help a lot. Thanks for your time.
-E

in the east bay somewhere

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/298503759.html

YxvPXVYRSafGzxbY5ljEfmAk84LS.jpg

theboywonder916 said:
First off, hello everyone, im new here.
Now what i was wondering was if any of you knew what a ross barracuda was? Someone is trying to get me to take theirs off their hands, and i havent seen it. From what they tell me its pretty similar to a schwinn stingray, but they arent even sure. So what i am wondering is how scarce are these bikes? I dont really care for stingrays that much, but if this bike is something desireable i guess it would be an OK idea to get it and hold onto it (the alternative is the owner takes it to the dump). Let me know what you all think or if you have any pictures of what one looks like, that would help a lot. Thanks for your time.
-E

PARTS... IS... PARTS !!! :!: :!: :!: :shock: :mrgreen:

so then no?

So that should i assume that these are not very vauable bikes? I dont care much for the look, but if they were some rare thing that had a lot of interest like old stingrays apear to then i would get it and know that somewhere id find someone who would appreciate it.

Take it! free is free!
The dual arched top tubes are pretty neat.
If nothing else, you could flip it or some of its parts on here probably...

Oh, welcome!

If you pick it up ...

I could use the sissy bar and crank and sprocket and shifter. Let me know.

Thanks, Joe

[email protected]

If I'm not mistaken - the Barracuda's do have a bit of a following. Musclebikes of all types are reasonably collectable. The Schwinn Stingray truly is the 800 lb gorrilla of collectable musclebikes. Most other bikes, while desirable in their own right, tend to get lost in the wake of the HUGE following the 'rays have. This is both a blessing and a curse. You won't pay the often astronomical prices Stingrays and Krates command, but you're really on your own when it comes to parts and historical info.

I'd definately take it if I were you - if only to prevent it from going to the dump - you could always sell here or on the 'bay if you don't want to keep it.

-Mp

Back