What Is It??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone....Just Bought A Bicycle And Im Tryin to Get Some Info On It, So If You Can Help I Would Really Appreciate IT!!! Thanks!!

24" Frame......Model # 6109....Serial # A0744394....Head Badge Is Hard To Read: I Can Make Out The Word "General" In All Caps, And It Says Mfg. Monarch Silver King....Tires Say Otasco Western Flyer, But I Think They Are After Market (Not For Sure Though)....Thats About All The Info I Have.....

!!!THANKS FOR ANY INFO YOU HAVE!!!

056.jpg

055.jpg

077600x450.jpg

058.jpg

057.jpg

it's a monark. has the monark chain ring and all monarks i have seen have the same kind of tag on the bottom bracket. many bike companies had many different headbadges they would put on them. i am sure there is someone on here that can tell you alot more detail than i can. :wink: good find.

masterpoop63 said:
ratacular thats what it is!!! 8)

True That Poopster!! :D

murraymadman said:
it's a monark. has the monark chain ring and all monarks i have seen have the same kind of tag on the bottom bracket. many bike companies had many different headbadges they would put on them. i am sure there is someone on here that can tell you alot more detail than i can. :wink: good find.

Thanks for The Help Murraymadman!

my womens jc higgins(sears/roebuck) had the same tag.
IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

i didn't think it was a monark though.

icyuod2 said:
my womens jc higgins(sears/roebuck) had the same tag.

i didn't think it was a monark though.

Ok Thanks.....Just Another Reason Why I'm Havin A Hard Time Figuring Out What It Is :wink:

i thought mine was a bicycle chain corp. bicycle (ross/murray built) but i could be wrong.

General was a store brand built by Monark. According to my serial # list, your General is a 1950, Icy's JCH is a 51. The 'A0' doesn't count, though they did get into 7 digit #'s in 52. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
General was a store brand built by Monark. According to my serial # list, your General is a 1950, Icy's JCH is a 51. The 'A0' doesn't count, though they did get into 7 digit #'s in 52. -Adam

Right On Adam!! Thanks! 1950 Was A Good Year.....So Ive Heard :lol:

Back