What is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks and old Schwinn diamond frame :wink: I'm not much help as you probably already know that :roll: NICE bike :shock:

It's a 1930's Motobike. Most of them had 28" wood rims or steel clad wood rims. The serial number under the crank housing will tell the exact year and manufacture. It's missing the 2 screws that push the rear wheel back to tighten the chain. The chain was a skiptooth. Some of these bikes had tanks. They tried to style them after the early motorcycles. Hope this helps. If you do this post on the Cabe with the serial number they will help you out more. Great looking bike btw!

Oops just saw the Hawthorne. I thought you were asking about the first bike. The Hawthorne is prewar also. It would have had a dropstand kickstand that swung up and clipped onto the rear fender. Another great bike!

Thanks guys for your input.

Slick, I was asking about the first bike in particular as have no info on it whatsoever. But now I have, will check out the serial no today. :)

Yes the Hawthorne is very cool and will also check it's serial no.

Cheers Fly

Back