what is it ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
my latest find well it really found me for a 20 spot... have no clue what make but it has possibilities
100_6956.jpg

100_6958.jpg

I think I will use the front tire for the roadmaster

That rack alone is worth a 20 spot. Cold rolled steel route rack usually sold at hardware stores back in the day! :mrgreen:

Those curved rear frame stays are the giveaway! It's a Cleveland welding built frame, so it might have been a Roadmaster or Hawthorne, etc. The crank is of course a Murray/JC Higgins, and that's a Wald chainguard. And a really old aftermarket rear rack! Awesome find! ~Adam

Thanks for the info and comments guys ..so I think its unanimous its cool and here as well as my lbs say its a hawthorne.
I think I would rather be working on this one instead of the roadmaster but maybe I will do both at the same time.
I thinking since it looks like the old paper boy bike I'll stick with that theme " news paper = black and white and read all over :mrgreen:

so I couldn't resist taking the bike apart and started striping off the peeling paint seams the last owner did a good job removing the
original paint but a lousy job repainting it. I could not believe how well it came apart ......pb blaster is wonder juice :lol:
the rear wheel is junk and the front has a broken axle but is salvagable and I may have to replace the chain as well otherwise its a solid
frame with very little rust pitting and the seat is a persons it doesn't belong on this bike and will not go back on.

While were here, anyone tell me what I might have ? Skip tooth sprocket and serial numbers on the underside of the crank housing and rear facing drop outs. Thanx for any info !

rat3vo2.jpg

rat1ku2.jpg

Latest posts

Back