What is the best new bike you've ever bought New?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
as much as I'd like to say the latest and greatest bike I own is my '09 Kestrel Evoke (nicer and lighter than my '11 BMC SR-01), I'm gonna say the best bike I ever bought new is my '90 Bridgestone RB-1. It has performed flawlessly for 10s of thousands of miles, won some races, and now on it's third groupo (still original brakes though) is still as good a training bike as the two previously mentioned.

6231351276_f136e1cbca_b.jpg
That's a LOT of cable lock to carry around!

Larry, that's funny!! :lol: :lol:

I loved my Nishiki Colorado. I still have my 1978 Raleigh Record Mom and Dad bought me new when I was in 7th grade and I really love it. But the best bike I ever bought is this:

Rockabilly02.jpg

I've never had a bike fit me so well.

Hahaha!... Larry you kill me.

Oh, and Skip, I've yet to see your Raleigh Record.

We've bought a few new bikes my wife and I, she even picked out a couple for me. I guess I still like the Electra Delivery. I like the smooth ride, lines, components, size, color and overall design. It is just a neat rather unique production bike.
pesunuby.jpg

My wife picked out this Gary Fisher 3 speed, it sees use as errand, newspaper and coffee bike.
zytatyje.jpg

CRASH said:
Recently I'd have to say the Felt MP for my son. That's a smooth bike. Heavy as a Sherman tank, but smooth.

The best bike I remember is a Cannondale M2000 I bought from the bike shop I was working for. That puppy was sweet for the time. Looked exactly like this (without the neon pink clip straps.

CannondaleSM2000_2.jpg
I have almost the same bike! mine has white lettering though. Just a bit too tall of a frame for me though. Will be putting it up for sale soon.

It used to be my Fuji Team, bought it new in 1982, rode my first century on it. :D Now it's my 2012 Cervelo RS, hope to ride my next century with this one. :D Maybe in another 30 years I'll buy anothe rnew bike that I love. :lol:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:

You've seen my Raleigh. It hangs above the other 15 bikes in my garage.

thatismytruck said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

You've seen my Raleigh. It hangs above the other 15 bikes in my garage.

Glad to see someone else listed a Raleigh! I had a couple 50s era Hercules 3 speeds I picked up used when I was a kid that I acquired myself and went absolutely nuts over but my heart still belongs to my 1970 Raleigh Super Course I bought new - definitely the finest bike I ever owned! Robert

Back