What is this pre war boys frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have had this bike in the garage for over 10yrs. Was thinking maybe an older cwc but not sure. Many of these frames were so similar and i can't keep them straight. Blue red scallops white pinstripe. No serial number found bottom of bb is pitted. Rear hub is new departure D.

I too would call this an early postwar Dayton/Huffman. The only distinguishing feature I know of on these frames is the seat collar. Postwar had a separate collar tacked in place like yours whereas prewar was integrated on the seat tube. Otherwise, I think they're identical.

I too would call this an early postwar Dayton/Huffman. The only distinguishing feature I know of on these frames is the seat collar. Postwar had a separate collar tacked in place like yours whereas prewar was integrated on the seat tube. Otherwise, I think they're identical.
I noticed the seat collor. After a little research I see the military used the model in 42. I might re do the collar and find some other parts to replicate one of the m81 bicycles and donating it to a particular military museum.

Back