what kind of hubs are on this bike????? Pic Inside

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are definitely not newer Chris King hubs, the discs on the hubs use a non-ISO mounting, not even like their universal disc mount hubs. Calipers look maybe like older hydraulics. I've seen the hubs before, the way the spoke are attached on the disc side flange is different also, can't think of it off hand though. Possibly an early I9 hub.

They look like Hope Bigun's to me- possibly first generation ones. Nice bike, don't think I can remember seeing one of those here in the UK.

Don't see many of those model Konas over here really.

Definitely looks like a version of the Hope Biguns, used a brake therapy adapter to mount the rear caliper, must've been some hacking there to make that work unless the early versions of those supported non-iso mount calipers.

They are Hope Big Un's, i use em on all my builds. Those in that picture are MkI's with the larger centre section. Shame they stopped making them, i got the last pair ever to come out of the factory on my latest build. It's a shame but their new spools are 6 bolt so you can fit their 'oh, so' lovely vented rotor Mmmmm. Just a thought but them hubs are all over the place over here and going for peanuts now so you may want to try the UK E-Bay.

Good eye-
my guess woulda been the Hope Pro II's
but there does seem to be a swell in the middle.

Latest posts

Back