What model is this CW bicycle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBP

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this - other than a RatRod, that is....
7189754283_2da14513fe_b.jpg

Is there a headbadge on it? It's definitely made by Cleveland Welding Company probably in the early 50's. The serial number should be on the bottom bracket. Post up the numbers and letters if it has them.

Wildcat said:
Is there a headbadge on it? It's definitely made by Cleveland Welding Company probably in the early 50's. The serial number should be on the bottom bracket. Post up the numbers and letters if it has them.
No headbadge - just a odd "skull" sticker in place of it. I'll see if I can get the serial number. Thanks a bunch.

I think it's impossible to know what model, the sprocket is new, and no chain guard. There aren't any other characteristics that would differentiate it from other CWC frames. Maybe there's a name or design under that green paint on the tank.

Wildcat said:
I think it's impossible to know what model, the sprocket is new, and no chain guard. There aren't any other characteristics that would differentiate it from other CWC frames. Maybe there's a name or design under that green paint on the tank.
You're right Wildcat. Not sure what I was thinking. Thanks for the tip about the tank.

Actually, it is identifiable by the shape of the frame, early 50's. Maybe oven cleaner can take a layer of that paint off. I'd go easy, it may take off everything if left on too long.

Back