What to do with a leftover Huffy Cranbrook....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found a new-ish huffy and robbed it's parts to finish my son's Flyer. Dug up some running gear from the boneyard and made a roller.

Never one to leave well enough alone, I made some changes...I found the biggest tires I could (without breaking the bank 2.2" MTB tires) and made a nifty little seat relocation bracket to move my butt back a little. Only downside is the ginormous tires wont fit with the fenders. And I didn't like the rack either.
4448120427_ddd9b4046b.jpg

Closeup of the seat bracket
4448893340_3a766c63dc.jpg

Not sure what this thing will evolve into but I kind of like it now :mrgreen:

I got the light at walmart, in the automotive section. I replaced the bulb with an led cluster from radio shack and the batteries are stuffed in the housing.

Thanks willysfan, I'll hit up Walmart for one.
From your user name, I'm assuming you're into Willys/Jeeps? The original Jeep was invented in my hometown of Butler PA by the American Bantam Car Company, the military contracts then went to Willys and Ford. My grandfather worked at the plant there.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Hey you're close by, I live on the other side of ATL near Athens. And yes, I love my Willys :lol:

Back