What to do with old blow out tubes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut a tube about 12" long and slip it over your buds exhaust pipe...it sounds pretty funny when he starts the engine! :mrgreen:

i cut pieces out to put under the mounts on bells/horns/baskets/shifters/generators ... helps save the chrome/paint from too many scratches if you ever take em off.

I cut up a 26" tube to make 3 rimstrips last week. Regular pair of scissors did fine, I just followed the lines on the tube and cut a small hole for the stem. I used a piece of black tape to hold the ends together.

MagicRat said:
Cut a tube about 12" long and slip it over your buds exhaust pipe...it sounds pretty funny when he starts the engine! :mrgreen:
I might try that!

I cut them into strips and pieces, to place around the part of the frame that rest on the bike rack. Also to tie bikes (rims) together once on the rack.

blow out tubes, funny you should mention that....... :D

DSC01240.jpg

i put them on my vest i sewed the schrader valve on the shoulder and on the pocket i did a cross design accept that pocket really is not very usable anymore :D

KZ1000 said:
Just how far into Maine do you live!
i live in bangor so thats probably in the middle of maine i got the idea from a photo i saw on the internet somewheres :D

i live in bangor so thats probably in the middle of maine i got the idea from a photo i saw on the internet somewheres :D[/quote]

Hey that's where Stephen King sets alot of his short stories... Sounds like a really nice place, beautiful scenery I would imagine.... are there really that many haunted graveyards??? :|

stephen king had restored a beutiful old victorian home here :D

Wrought iron spiders??? That's rockin'. I'd imagine he has some good taste in architecture... mmmmmm... gas lamps and goosebumps... It's been one of my "most wanted to travel to" places since I saw "Stand By Me" when I was about 10. :eek:

Back