what to do with this ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all..i have this old HD enine i rescued from a pile of rust in a shed in cold&wet denmark... it was in poor condition when i got it
but i cleaned it up-put it back together and want to do something with it.. at first i thought about getting a original frame.. but 1928 harley frames are not easy to come by - and the gearbox turned out to be non HD :cry:
so now im thinking showbike boardtrack racer.. anybody got any ideas...
i also thought about selling it to someone who could actually use it.. but no one wants to pay me more than approx 300usd( 1500 dkk) .any of you guys know what this kind on thing would sell for in the US ??
hdbillede7.jpg

i hope to get a few ideas

regards
Flemming

Very cool piece of history. Does it run? I am guessing there may be on or two guys here that would purchase that engine.

According to my book (Standard catalog of American motorcycles 1898-1981) you have a 28B side-valve single, 21.1ci (346cc).8hp. They did race singles in 1928 but, Harley used the overhead valve for racing. Even so, that would make a really cool boardtrack racer. I think you could get pretty good money for it here in the states, assuming it turns over and has most of its parts. :mrgreen:

Back