What to do.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOOB ALERT!!!!

A noob question, but if i get a bent front fork, that will lower the bike right?

Yip... just make sure you get one for the correct wheel size... some are for 24 only I think.

I am also a noob so if I'm wrong someone correct me.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Yep, watch your crank length!

ThirdCoast said:
NOOB ALERT!!!!

A noob question, but if i get a bent front fork, that will lower the bike right?

Is there a bolt on friendly one? I just thought a fork would get the stance i'd like....

only thing youll have a problem with is turning. it will want to lay down a little, but nothing to bad.

Not trying to hijack, but when did 26" bent springers go up to $60? I thought they were in the $35-$40 range. I guess it has been a few years since I've actually purchased one though.

My suggestion for that bike:

Keep the brown grips and seat, add a set of Schwalbe Fat Frank tires in their brown color to tie it together. See if you can find a rack in the For Sale section that you like, or pick one up from the local bike shop. When you're ready, disassemble and re-paint the frame/fork, and it'll get stares when you cruise it. A few little touches go a long way to making your bike one-of-a-kind. Springer forks look cool and all, but the cheap ones have a fair amount of slop. Not a big deal at 10mph, but get going down a hill, and they tend to wander around on you.

Oh yeah - do yourself a favor and repack that rear hub with some good old waterproof trailer bearing grease. Most of those Chinese-made hubs come with very little lube in them, and the grease they use breaks down really quickly.

gowjobs said:
My suggestion for that bike:

Keep the brown grips and seat, add a set of Schwalbe Fat Frank tires in their brown color to tie it together. See if you can find a rack in the For Sale section that you like, or pick one up from the local bike shop. When you're ready, disassemble and re-paint the frame/fork, and it'll get stares when you cruise it. A few little touches go a long way to making your bike one-of-a-kind. Springer forks look cool and all, but the cheap ones have a fair amount of slop. Not a big deal at 10mph, but get going down a hill, and they tend to wander around on you.

Oh yeah - do yourself a favor and repack that rear hub with some good old waterproof trailer bearing grease. Most of those Chinese-made hubs come with very little lube in them, and the grease they use breaks down really quickly.

Cool thanks for the ideas....not sure what color i would want to do, i like the "candy" blue that is on there.....

Back