What toys did you have as a kid ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:(
We had those too. I also had that ball with the plastic ring around it to jump with. I had a KITT with 4x4 wheels and the stick shift on top of it as well.

My brother had a Back To The Future skateboard

Have not thought about that rocket in Years! We also had one that was about 3 feet tall, that you hooked the base to a water hose. After launch, the base spewed water until you turned the faucet off. Neighbor's bull dog attacked the spewing water and bit the launch base. Never worked again!

My brother and I had the two remote control dinosaurs back in 69
2982750461_46a02151ea_o.jpg

Remember the Time Bomb and Hot Potato Tater Toss games.

timebomb2.jpg
tta1156_tater_toss__26525.jpg

A lot of good memories in this thread, growing up in the 80's, here's a few I loved as a kid.

I was a 90's kid, but I surprisingly remember playing with alot of the toys in this thread. Most of these are probably floating around my parents. I know in my room at their house, the walls are still covered in hot wheels. Probably 2000 of them still in packages...

Some I remember

I broke both of my hands by running into the garage on this

and I got one like this on my birthday in 2000. I was the envy of the neighborhood.

and of course my favorite

I still have a roller racer! Hanging up in my garage.

My dad told me about the old gas engine planes on a string. Said the first time he flew one he filled it up and it took an hour before it ran out. if you didnt keep your arm up it would wrap around you and crash, if you tried to spin with it youd get dizzy. Said he finally realized he could lay down on his back with his hand in the air to be more comfortable lol

I had a Cox Stuka Dive Bomber gas plane for Christmas. After making 1 or 2 revolutions it went straight up into a loop that ended in a vertical crash into the ground. The wings broke off so it was trashed the day after Christmas. :20::cry:

My best buddy had a Major Matt Mason Space Station and Space Crawler.
matt.JPG

Does anyone remember these od cheap slingshots?
$(KGrHqJ,!qYFHl61W2zjBSCD(cNy-w~~60_57.JPG

M16 / Johnny Seven looks tough Spin !!! I do remember those water rockets too.

Couple more things I remember
madpopperspic.jpg

06.jpg

HurricaneDefensemodeside.jpg

What was the toy series for the car and action figure at the bottom CCR? I had that toy as a kid and probably a few others in the series but I can't remember what they were called.

That was M.A.S.K, the motorcycle Carbon posted was from the same line of toys too, sport bike that turned into a helicopter. I left mine up in a tree as a kid, lost it in a hollowed out spot :(

images

Had their own cartoon too

Anybody remember Captain Power ? It was on TV for a short time too, like playing laser tag by yourself.

toy-fire-ad2.jpg

I can't tell you how many of these balsa planes my buddies and I went through!
guillow%20glider%20jetfireR1000.jpg

My favorite one was always the biplane
45_Guillows_BiPlane_lg.jpg

The balsa gliders are still one of the funnest toys ever !

I know. After remembering these, I may have to see if I can find some.
The Biplanes had a cool little plastic red machine gunner pilot in them.

All I know is my M-I-L still gives everybody one at christmas, she couldnt find the balsa wood planes and bought some foam ones instead .... not the same. Pretty sure Cracker Barrel still carries the JetFire planes though. Now the big outdoor styrofoam planes can be pretty fun too, but usually ends in a broken wing or tail within an hour for me.

I remember the prop planes with rubber band motors and landing gear too, gliders still on top though in my book.

the balsa planes with the wind-up propeller are my favorites! they never fly right. crazy fun though.

Back