What up from Portland, Oregon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up my father-in-law's 1959 Columbia Apache and am in the middle of restoring it and finding some era correct upgrades like a springer front end and bullet headlight. It's got all the original part including Sturmey Archer shifter and rear hub and no, I'm not selling it ever! I also ride BMX and am sponsored for doing so. I also book the bands for a annual pre '65 hot rod show called the Rose City Roundup. Check out my profile. I look forward to chatting more about what your cruise!

Gold Street Customs said:
I will be up your way in about a week in a half, as I have family up there that own a tattoo shop called Family Tradition, big Winterhawk fans, Welcome!!
rad, it's nice up here, have fun.... and if you see anybody riding a TORKER flamed cruiser with a black velvet banana seat, black rims with white walls, bullet light on the stem and lowrider forks, punch them and take the bike, it's mine and was stolen from me and has been spotted around town. I am trying to find out who took it or where they hang out. I miss that bike!!

HotRodJen said:
welcome to the site have any pics of that bike?
I will shortly. It's in the middle of a massive amount of rust removal. I will take a before after shot of the mohawk fenders I have that were completely rusted as well as my rims, stem and bars.

59punk said:
HotRodJen said:
I will shortly. It's in the middle of a massive amount of rust removal. I will take a before after shot of the mohawk fenders I have that were completely rusted as well as my rims, stem and bars.

ahh rust removal aint it grand ! ugh i know the feeling well good luck to ya

HotRodJen said:
59punk said:
HotRodJen said:

ahh rust removal aint it grand ! ugh i know the feeling well good luck to ya

it feels good though bringing back something that old to new condition. Now I just have to figure out the mechanics of a Sturmey Archer 3spd hub. The cable snapped and if it's anything like my BMX bikes brake cable, it should be pretty easy especially rockin' a BMX linear brake cable for smoother shifts

Back