What Up From TEXAS!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Man I am so happy I found a site for bikes like I like.I have been doing this for some time.I had my bikes packed away,but busted them out right away after 10 minutes on this site.I tried to post a pic,we will see if it works.I just scored this sweet ride at the Bedford show last week.I was just about to give up when at the last minute a guy pulled up with this in his truck.I am sure glad I stayed.I plan to get it in the Bike Build Off.We will see what happens.I am in Fort Worth & am lucky enough to work at home.I am always here if anyone wants to stop by.I have a ton of friends over everyday to work on Cars,Buses,bikes & whatever else we can get our hands on. I can not figure out how to post the pics.
61ford002.jpg

OK,I got it now!.Sorry,but I have not done that before & I am not a computer person.I am becoming one though.Anyway there is my newest bike.It is a Collegiate,but I can not find much info on it. Anyone? I really dig the frame,just a cool bike.

Welcome aboard fellow Texan!

I didn't see that bike at the swap last Saturday....it looks awesome!

BTW...how did you find the forum?

The bike showed up late. I was standing there when he pulled up. I wanted it & knew it right away. I paid the dude & rolled it straight to the truck. I found the site by Google search. Just glad to find somewhere for Kustom bikes. You know the first thing I thought,after the show was,we need to do that more often. I have a friend that collects mini bikes & he puts on a show every month. I wonder if anyone would show up to such a thing. I know I am new but would be willing to host one. I have a few different places that would work. What do Ya'll think?

The bike showed up late. I was standing there when he pulled up. I wanted it & knew it right away. I paid the dude & rolled it straight to the truck. I found the site by Google search. Just glad to find somewhere for Kustom bikes. You know the first thing I thought,after the show was,we need to do that more often. I have a friend that collects mini bikes & he puts on a show every month. I wonder if anyone would show up to such a thing. I know I am new but would be willing to host one. I have a few different places that would work. What do Ya'll think?

Are you sure it is a Fleetwing? It has a different head badge & down tube.I thougt it looked close to yours.I was looking at it the other day when you posted the pics.

oldgreenbean said:

Was it the old man in the cowboy hat and the long trailer full of bikes and western type stuff? That's who I bought my Spitfire from.

Scott (bike store owner) said that someone talked about having a swap meet in Lancaster during the spring so there could be two events a year.

Many of the folks who came were from out of state and also out of town so I'm not sure how big of a turn out you'd get if you did it monthly. Who knows, maybe it would work!

Welcom fellow Texan...

I did not relize guy's drove in from far away.I just had so much fun,I did not want to leave.The guy I got it from had it in a Chevy Silverado truck.He parked to the right if you were stading in the street looking at the store.It was only there for a minute.I did wait I just got it.I love the bike & have BIG plans for it.I want to do a WW2 Ghost theme.My way to say THANX!! to a WW2 vet.I will keep you guy's posted.

On another note: I want to say THANX for all the guy's that have welcomed me & the other new guy's.It really says a lot of the people on this forum.I am on another site called The Wheelman & just had a bad experience.I just got blasted for asking a Newbi question.I really wanted to ride a big wheel bike,but those dudes only welcome millionare's that were born wheelmen.It is just so cool to have a site where you can do what you want to your bike.If you have the time go to the wheelmen site & read the thread.It should trip you out! It is in the wheel talk forum under Headers,Headers,Headers.Tell me what you think.

I think for me, Garth said it best.." Ive got friends in low places". Well sorta. I also have friend in high place's.
Ya know. How about this.. I am really Texas now... For almost a year I had a broke down car in my drive way..and a toilet bowl in my back yard... ( as I shiver )...
Isnt it sad that some people will not assciate with us because they think we are low life's or, not edumicated enough... Im glad your here. Share the love....

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH,Back with my element! I can ride with a millionare,or a homeless guy.Does'nt matter to me.I can learn something from both of them & am smart enough to listen. Wait till those guys see a ratrod Highwheel!

Back