what were your first cars?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1962 Chrysler Newport, 1980 Chevette Scooter (Hey it was free), 1986 Ford Ranger

79 MG Midget (big pileOf), Convertable 77 Datsun 710 PU, 72 VW Squareback.
L8 EM

79 monte (400ci sb) to get the racer out of my blood

78 cutlass that i found out how unfun it is to go from 60 to zero in a second

and my baby 1977 cutlass

1. 1979 Ford LTD Station Wagon (with 351 Cleavland and 8 track)

2. 1974 Ford Mustang II. (With crate 302)

3. (Got at the same time) 1969 Ford F-100 and 1969 Buick Skylark Convertable.

wth, how'd you al get these cool cars? by the time I started driving, they had all reached collector status!

1980 Mustang (4 cylinder auto, boooo), 1979 Dodge Ram, 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage

sandalscout said:
wth, how'd you al get these cool cars? by the time I started driving, they had all reached collector status!

1980 Mustang (4 cylinder auto, boooo), 1979 Dodge Ram, 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage
we are old lol

my first was a 66 impala followed by a 69 AMC Javelin

71 Firebird Formula 400 4 speed, 77 Dodge pickup, 62 Chrysler 300..never drove the Chrysler though, it was too rusted out to save, I still have the remains of the Firebird. Hope to get it back together someday.

Man, there aren't any of those cars on my streets. It's like you guys are living on another continent or something. :wink:

Hugo

1st - 1969 Mustang - Still Have it - future is 347 stroker, 5 speed, EFI, etc Got to get it back on the road!
defaul1_small.jpg

2nd - 1967 Cougar XR-7/GT - Was originally a 390/4speed car - I resurrected it from a shell with a 351W/Auto and drove it during college - wish I still had it
Can't find the pic right now

3rd - '76 Grand Prix - Nothing special.. driver car.

I have had a couple other fun cars - a 1980 red Pinto, lowered, bumpers pulled in, baby moons on it. Great mileage and a fun cruiser.

Also had an '86 Turbo T-Bird that I wish I had not gotten rid of. Still thinking of finding an 87-88 to restore. They were fun cars.

-Stephen

Had several VWBugs and a dunebuggy but none were finished in time or street legal when I got my license, so they don't count.
My first driver was a 1973 GMC p.u. Had a 454 with auto trans. Whoever had it before me played with the engine and added a trans kit.The truck roasted the tires even when I wasn't trying! Went through a pair of L60s and a pair of N50s before it was taken out out by a drunk driver.
Second was a 1979 Chevy Cheyenne(spelling?) short box. It was my first new vehicle. Was one of the first old school lowriders in this hick town! I was actually asked, "How ya gonna put any feed in that thing? It's too low and that tarp over the box makes it useless."

Third car was a '73 Super Beetle that was brought over from Germany by the people I bought it from. Everything was in German. The only thing they changed was the windshield, they had to put safety glass in. That thing was fast as all get out! Probably my favorite of all the vehicles I've owned!

Man there are alot of cool cars that are listed on this board!

1941 Chevy 1/2 pickup, (mom owned it, I drove it, so it probably doesn't count) I put chrome reverse wheels with the widest retread tires I could find, pontiac bucket seats, 8 track tape player, chrome grearshift knob, glasspack , every thing else original. Busted the tranny and blewup the engine.

1959 Chevy 4 door sedan, $100 car, my 1st V8, stuck it into a light pole.

1955 Ford Crown Victoria, $250 car, fell apart (Fix Or Repair Daily), sold it for $500.

1972 Chevy Vega GT, my 1st car loan. It did everything Vega's were known for, busted 2 trannies, busted 1 rear end, blew up the motor, and rust, all right after the warranty expired.

Who sayes we were hard on cars? Ok, Ok. Yes, It could be true.

72 Buick Skylark 4-door-- 350ci
75 Dodge Dart-- 225 slant 6
77 Chevy Chevette--couple of underfed gerbles (My little green Vette)

The total cost of all three was $900 in a three year period...Kelly

Back